spread betting

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

norman

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All

Now that I have reduced my workload to only small items that I can easly handle. (The old bones and joints have said enough! ) I need some thing to fill the time, someone told me about this spread betting, anyone know about it and can give me the low down??
any and all comments welcome!!

thanks

negards
Norman

Are your intentions to do this with a little spare money as apastime or for serious investment?
If the latter, run away Norman unless you are very well placed financialy. In an earlier life I spent many years running bars and restaurants in the Square Mile and watched and listened and yes occasionally played the markets, unless you are extremely well informed or have inside info. or are very lucky, forget it. It is after all gambling.
Ever seen a poor bookie?

Are you looking to bet on sports of the financial markets?

I used to have an account for spread betting on sports, only minimum bets but a bit of fum all the same. I always found it more interesting than fixed odds betting. Higher risks, higher rewards probably why I haven't got an account anymore, and I'm not writing this from my yacht in the med!!!.

I think that http://www.bethilo.com/ take small time bets if you want to have a play to see if you like it.

Good luck, and remember only bet with money you can afford to lose....and alway wear your safety glasses :wink: .

Hi thanks for your replies.

Roger Interesting points from your link many thanks

Dom Only for playtime, spare cash only.

Saint Told the financial markets give the best sport.

Not sure about it I`m interested in something to do. anything than watch TV. during the day and who knows, could made a little cash as well?

Thanks for your comments. Still looking for something of interest.

Regards
Norman

Norman,

I used to play cricket with a bloke who got into spread betting on sport, initially just for a bit of fun.

Now he doesn't play cricket for two reasons: -

1) He can't afford it.

2) He spends all his spare time in Gamblers Anonymous meetings.

Be careful mate!

Regards

Gary

Back