Sprayed MDF Storage units.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oryxdesign":kco1ipr3 said:
Don't worry though it's very easy to rub and you will end up with a good finish.

S

Exactly what I'm finding. It's sand perfectly and it has maintained a good 'thickness' on the edges so am relatively happy.
Should have the blend of paint and thinners and also the needle opening about right for when I attempt the coloured finish.
A proper DIY spray lesson that I've learnt and can only get better at.

Oryxdesign":1ml04d1p said:
Wait for the new Festool jigsaw, it's seriously impressive.

Waiting like a dog for a bone.
4474025043_037a4f4e54_o.jpg

my dealer told me the jigsaw is here in may. He had the rep in with one last week and he said they are the nuts. They have several removable bases like the 2200 router. I think they start at about £290 for the basic saw upto £400 plus for the full kit.

I guess like any tooling, it depends on what you'll be using it for.

The only time mine comes out of the box is for cutting scribed stiles, rails or end panels for built in furniture.

I love a new tool as much as the next fetishist, but can't see how it'll make my work more accurate, precise or faster.

I remember a rep showing me the perfect 90 degree curvy cuts it could make in a laminate worktop. Brilliant I exclaimed, but (for me) completely pointless ! :lol:

I'd be amazed if they could completely cure a jigsaw blade wandering off 90 degrees (a slower feed rate and correct pendulum setting for the material cures this for me), which they have significantly improved with the festool jiggy and bosch gst135, and for me improved dust extraction is always a benefit in any tool.

Heres a scan of the spring offers leaflet I picked up, it doesnt mention it here but the dealer said it has a light as well a "strobe light" he said I dont know if thats right or not.

4459732797_6da03062d1_b.jpg

I don't need a jigsaw I don't need a jigsaw I don't need a jigsaw I don't need a jigsaw I don't need a jigsaw I don't need a jigsaw I don't need a jigsaw I don't need a jigsaw I don't need a jigsaw I don't need a jigsaw I don't need a jigsaw I don't need a jigsaw I don't need a jigsaw I don't need a jigsaw

I saw these in Lakeside Tools last weekend - can't say I really looked at them, as I have no need for a cordless jigsaw, and those were the only versions they had.

johnf":6oicg8ja said:
Mreagleeyes

Is that water based paint and how much is the paint (The paint is relatively expensive,)

I am thinking of doing something like this myself

john

No it's not, I had to thin it down using Cellulose Thinners. The paint was £25 for 5 ltrs and £15 for the Thinners.

Oryxdesign":6ne1yigx said:
Still looks "good value" when you compare it to the mafelle

I think Mafell are a funny bunch, but comparing their plunge saw with the Festool it appears to be better

says the guy who's just bought a MaxiMax

Aidan

TheTiddles":3rzqu8fi said:
Oryxdesign":3rzqu8fi said:
Still looks "good value" when you compare it to the mafelle

I think Mafell are a funny bunch, but comparing their plunge saw with the Festool it appears to be better

says the guy who's just bought a MaxiMax

Aidan

I wouldnt say its better it just has a few more gadgets on it. The TS55 is tried and tested theres not a lot that needs improving I would say. I saw the new Mafell saw back when it came out theres a few neat ideas on it but most are gimmicks. Like the way the whole side of the saw drops for blade changing I cannot see why you need this its just as quick to change a blade on the TS55 without the need for the side dropping off.

Latest posts

Back