Spray glue not for wood

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okeydokey

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry this isn't a wood related post but someone may have come across the product I need.
My son has just moved into a flat where there had been a recent water leak from the flat above causing some damage to some plaster based standard coving and let some artex type looking finish to an area of ceiling become loose/dropped about a cm in some places. For the coving just cut out and replace - I know the answer to the plaster/artex is to knock it off and redecorate/finish as best possible with some dubious off the shelf mixture. We're not looking at rolls royce finish just something that looks good (enough).
The dropped bit is about an A4 or a little bigger size and I think with some careful adhesive squirted into the gap and then supported for a little while it will hold up and then decorate after a stain block.
The problem is that I haven't found a spray adhesive that will squirt a good distance into the 1 cm gap any ideas folks? OR should I just knock it off and make good

could you carefully cut the piece out, apply adhesive behind then refit the artex.

Having recently moved a stud wall with an artex ceiling it’s amazing how easy it can be to blend bits back in.

3m make some really decent spray adhesive- I ordered the non repositionable one by mistake as is a similar code number and stuff was a pretty permanently adhered

Thanks Fitzroy, looks as if the product would do but you need to buy the applicator gun as well so it makes it a bit pricey.
I like Simons cutting the section out and blending back I think I have an old tin of ready mixed textured ceiling paint which would help that bit, hope the Artex section isn't a bit like cutting out a bit of thin meringue will find out in a week or so when I'm at his flat next. I will looksee what is the smallest quantity of coving adhesive out there as well.

Ah yes I have some spray adhesive used for carpets and sticks almost anything Ive tried so far - its lightweight so almost anything would probably do

UPDATE After cutting out the damaged section if coving I fixed the new section and filled the small joints with the following - did a really great job.
https://www.wickes.co.uk/EVO-STIK-G...-Gap-Filling-Adhesive---350ml---Buff/p/166878The artex like finish that was peeling off had a bit of the above pushed in the gap then blended the finish with my old tin of ready mix textured ceiling paint and done. Then stipple with stain killer and 2nd coat roller on then normal white emulsion and the jobs a good un

Back