Specific table saw.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mitre saw might be all I need for tasks I mentioned in first post (glad you are paying attention!) but I do have other occasional uses for a table saw where that is all that is practical, so wouldn't want to restrict the flexibility of what I purchase, and also don't want a workshop full of kit that is under utilised... I suppose I would rather use the budget on one or two 'better quality machines' than spread it over more less so....but it is a good suggestion for which I thank you.
G

Not posted in a while but saw this thread on the TS-200.

With a bit of time the TS can be made very good. The zero insert is easy to do and making the fence better is a bit trickier but can be made to operate very smoothly and glide over the surface and to lock in position with zero movement using a couple of switchable magnets.

I also added an adjustable 6" high MDF box over the fence with the side facing the blade covered with sheet steel. I can now use magnetic featherboards cutting sheet materials!!

Steve

Steve, just read your post, can't get my head around the magnet thing......probably being dense so humour me and explain again.
Thanks G

I can't seem to find them on the Axminster site anymore but the magnets were these 40mm diameter items that had a turn-lever on top that turned the magnets on and off.

I mounted a couple to the fence using an 'L' type bracket arrangement on the opposite side to the blade at the end opposite the clamp, i.e the bit that flexes a bit. In the off position the fence moves normally but when turned on it locks the far end of the fence to the metal table bed and you can't shift it for love nor money until turned off again!

Will get a pic up if that clear as mud description didn't help :D

Steve

I can lift the basic saw without too much effort, so getting it into your workshop should be OK. It runs quietly without any vibration and on the standard base

I bolted a cross bar onto the ts200 table but lower down with about 4 inch or so clearance from the floor. I Just slip a sack barrow under that tilt it back and wheel it about, saves lugging it around.

I would also like to see a pic of the cross fence as I really need to do something about mine. I have to keep setting it up for each cut. That works fine, but it would be nice to move the fence without having to square it up each time. Anybody
Bought an aftermarket one that fits the ts200 without to much trouble?

david123":12oalrel said:
I Just slip a sack barrow under that tilt it back and wheel it about, saves lugging it around.
My comment was specifically aimed at Gerry who had said that the saw would have to be taken upstairs to his workshop and then not moved. Trying to get get some table saws up a flight or two of stairs might be a VERY major obstacle.

With respect to moving machinery around workshops; the mobile bases sold by Axminster and Rutlands are pretty easy to fit and make moving quite heavy kit around very easy indeed, but are stable when 'landed', plus you wouldn't need to find space to store a sack truck.

Hi rhossydd

I should have re read the post, I forgot about him having to take the thing upstairs. I have the Axi wheels on my bandsaw, and very good they are to. The sack barrow takes up hardly any room and works for me, but I see your point.

The Axminster band saw upgrade fence can be fitted reasonably easily to the TS200. I did a thread on building my TS200 workstation, which included the new fence and a zero clearance plate of aluminium.

New aluminium zero clearance plate.jpg

view of angle iron for new fence.jpg

extension table in place.jpg

Attachments

• New aluminium zero clearance plate.jpg
    New aluminium zero clearance plate.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 455
  • view of angle iron for new fence.jpg
    view of angle iron for new fence.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 455
  • extension table in place.jpg
    extension table in place.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 455
Thanks Tim

Found it, in fact I read and replied to it in may of this year. I will go and re read it later.

Cheers

just bought an Axi upgrade fence :D

Brilliant

Thanks mate. I have bookemarked that. Should get the fence next week. Like the bit on the zero clearance plate. Nice find. Think I will stck to the blade guard........

Back