Spanner for Trend T11 collet nut

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Welsh Brian

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Can anyone suggests a good 22mm spanner suitable for a Trend T11 collet nut?

A bog standard open end spanner will work but I was hoping for a spanner with a drop end or even a ratcheting 22mm open end spanner. Have spent hours on the Web but no luck..........

Thanks Brian

for value try Halfords professional -they have a range of o/end ,ratchet/ open end . If no good try sealey. After this costs can go up significantly. Imo 6-8” is about right as anything longer can lead to over tightening the collet .

Thanks Bingy Man- -I am aware of several of the better tool makers but it is the special 22mm spanner that I am struggling to find. An open ended drop (spanner has 2 right angles to make the spanner head lower than the handle) spanner or an open ender with a ratchet would be ideal. Wera and Makita do make open enders that ratchet but I can not find a 22mm one!

I’ve just found this on eBay - I think it’s what you mean by a drop spanner

Attachments

• IMG_1134.png
    IMG_1134.png
    235.9 KB · Views: 0
Seems to be referred to as a podger.

‘Cranked’ is the key word, referring to those two bends which off-set the head of the spanner from the handle.

A podger is is an (often) tapered bar, used to move and align things; the other end of the handle of that spanner will be like that.

From trend? They sell these for about 5-10 quid (unless there’s a reason you don’t want to use the one which comes with the router)

‘Cranked’ is the key word, referring to those two bends which off-set the head of the spanner from the handle.

A podger is is an (often) tapered bar, used to move and align things; the other end of the handle of that spanner will be like that.
Agreed, my understanding is a podger is a steel erectors tool with a round tapered handle for aligning bolt holes, (usually while a bolt is inserted through an adjacent set of holes).

Back