Spalted beech coasters

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcros

Established Member
Reaction score
I used a small block of spalted beech that I bought at Harrogate a couple of years ago for a couple of quid. It would have been much easier to use a board and slice off to length, but I had to use what was available.

coasters.jpg

Finish is Rubio monocoat "pure". As much as anything it is an exercise to give the finish some abuse- hot cups, cold glasses, spills, stains etc and see how it holds up.

Attachments

• coasters.jpg
    coasters.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 373
true. It is about £30 for the catalysed version, totalling 375ml. Osmo is £16 for the same size, but uses 2 or 3 coats. Probably not 3 x as much product, but certainly a bit more. There is a time saving, not having to denib and put on extra coats, but it isn't going to save most people hours, and as a hobby woodworker, the hourly rate that I charge out is £0!

I justified it because one pot has done the table, the tv stand (which I will post later or tomorrow), the coasters and there is still plenty left. The cost was written off on this two main projects, the remainder is now free!

Latest posts

Back