Spalding Show this weekend

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpt

Established Member
Reaction score
HI Just a reminder the NEW woodworking show at Springfields starts tomorrow. http://www.wws1.co.uk/

Its small but well put together :)

It is being put on by some of the traders themselves and is there first one so some people have been a bit hesitant about taking trade stands.

It is free entry and free parking and there is a lot else to do in the area so well worth a visit.

The hope is that they will get a good turnout by visitors and make further shows possible not just at Spalding but other areas of the country as well.

I will be there on the Friday all day, Saturday PM and Sunday all day on the Village Turners stand, hope to see you there.

John

Ive got to go to Peterborough on saturday so will pop in on the way back on saturday afternoon.

Jon

OK, can somebody tell me how far north(?) Spalding is from P'boro?

If it is spitting distance then I will be there Sunday. I must admit I would love to attend a 'wood' show, I have never been to one.

Cheers

Neil

jpt - will there be tools for sale???? :wink: :lol:

HI

It depends what you call spitting distance, it takes me about 1/2 hour.

GOOGLE MAP

Yes there are tool stands there.

john

OK, can somebody post a message saying there will be an 'aerobics' stall so I can show the mrs :lol:
Or a TV soap star.

Neil

As stated I was there all day today and had a good look round and in my opinion it is very good.

Also comments from other visitors was that they enjoyed it.

john

I only had a quick look.

Not a bad little show if your into wood turning, also had a nice chat with the bloke from Transwave.

The last time i was in the Exhibition hall the bar was open and there was music playing :p

John-Henry

I will be there on saturday and sunday on A Harrison wood supplies please come and see me :lol:

I have been there all weekend on the village turners stand and have just got home and unloaded and enjoying a nice cup of tea. :D

It was a very good show and enjoyed by all the visitors and those on the stands that I talked to.

As for next year I have heard that the hall has been booked for the 11th, 12th & 13th June so make a note in your diary.

I also heard a rumour that there might also be one in the midlands, dont know when or where but worth keeping an eye out for in case it happens. ;)

john

I popped in for a few mins on saturday as I was passing. It would be good for next time to get more woodworking bits there rather than just turning. I think I missed you on the stand but spoke to a guy called Stan who makes some amazing segmented turnings.

Jon

If it was PM I was around somewhere, probably spending money. :oops: :D

Hopefully next year it will be much bigger. With the decline of shows at the moment and this being not only a new one with new organisors but also a new venue for this type of shows a lot of the vendors didnt want to risk it this year. But after the success of this weekend I think they will be keen to be there next year, hopefully.

john

Before I start I guess I ought to declare a vested interest; as of Saturday night I formally joined the team organising this show. As such I'm very interested in feedback and ideas for moving the show forward.
For instance:

JonnyD":2546xenn said:
It would be good for next time to get more woodworking bits there rather than just turning. Jon

I agree, (even though we are more allied to the turning fraternity than anywhere else these days); any ideas exactly who you would like to see? Invitations to attend were sent to everyone we could think of although sadly many chose not to put their toe in the water first time round. Hopefully now that the show has proved itself, albeit in a fledgling way, others will be keen to sign up for next year.

On a slightly more personal note it was great to see forum members there, including the silent ones (you know who you are!) and I hope you enjoyed the friendly, informal atmosphere as much as the stand holders did.
It was refreshing to have no complaints from visitors about the show too which have been so justifiably present at so many recent events.

Shows are floundering at the moment but we think we can do something to reverse this trend. We want to put on shows that you want to come to.
You know where I am if you have suggestions, ideas or comments.

Not having been it's hard to comment on what should have been there. I think Mike Hancock has got hand tool events sewn up, so I can't see many big names wanting to attend. Woodturning seems to be something that is demo'd a lot but you barely see any woodworking demo's. Ally Pally had a student build in progress but there were a lot of safety issues to my eye and I'd have prefered to have short demos, by proffesional woodworkers, on building techniques.

Latest posts

Back