Sourcing a #778 rebate/fillister plane

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AndyG":zpyzqydt said:
Dave, is this the chat you are referring too? I couldn't see (after a quick scan) anything on a rebate plane.
Sheesh, I only just got that A2/Et tu joke... #-o

Dave's nailed the reference I was half looking for. Should be an interesting one, eh?

Cheers, Alf

Alf":15nuu33c said:
AndyG":15nuu33c said:
Dave, is this the chat you are referring too? I couldn't see (after a quick scan) anything on a rebate plane.
Sheesh, I only just got that A2/Et tu joke... #-o

Dave's nailed the reference I was half looking for. Should be an interesting one, eh?

Cheers, Alf

Very interesting. I'm curious to see whether LV or L-N get theirs to market first.

Although it'll be nice because LV's and L-N's sound to be suited to different jobs. Hence it'll be easy to justify the need for both (or all three as the LV are a LH/RH set) ;)

L-N hinted that theirs would be available late in the year.

With all due respect to TLN, I can't help but think of chisels every time I hear an expected date for any new stuff... :wink: I count no chickens until I see them pecking around the farmyard. :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Have you seen TLN's workbenches? I wonder what the postage would be to the UK? :lol:

Philly":3txzzv2m said:
Andy
Jewsons sell the Faithful one-its in most of the stores I've been to.
I believe Toolbank also sell it online.
Cheers
Philly :D

is that in poole :?:

martyn

ydb1md":2x36v6w7 said:
Tony":2x36v6w7 said:
AndyG":2x36v6w7 said:
Like who

and who long :D

I don't think the first part of question really needs asking does it? :wink: :whistle: :lol: (if my guess is correct that is)

Not quite a guess. :) Rob said as much in his chat that was hosted by Woodcentral and Chris Schwarz.
:D

Ahhh. Confirmed then. I have never visited woodcentral but feel the time is now :wink:

martyn2":2d9rdez1 said:
Philly":2d9rdez1 said:
Andy
Jewsons sell the Faithful one-its in most of the stores I've been to.
I believe Toolbank also sell it online.
Cheers

is that in poole :?:

martyn
Yeah, the Ringwood road store. I've seen them in most stores I've been in-i.e. about a 1/3 of the UK's Jewsons :roll: :lol:
Cheers

Sailor,
Thanks for the pointer. I'll keep a close eye on that one. Problem is, I'm torn now with the idea that there is supposedly a Veritas version on its way...
Cheers
Andy

AndyG":206n5m0e said:
Sailor,
Thanks for the pointer. I'll keep a close eye on that one. Problem is, I'm torn now with the idea that there is supposedly a Veritas version on its way...
Cheers
Andy

Unless you really want the 778 for collecting, I'd definitely wait for the Veritas -- especially at the price that 778 is going for.

Dave,

Collecting (shiver), not guilty here!! Which reminds me. Did anyone else spot that comment in the February Issue of Good woodworking (171, page 62)? Some chap whose two LN planes are kept in a display cabinet, just for looking at!! I think a rescue plan needs to be organised :)

Anyway, rant over, I think I'll wait for the veritas model. Until then, I'll stick to using an electric router.

Cheers
Andy

AndyG":1vbgggjx said:
Dave,

Collecting (shiver), not guilty here!! Which reminds me. Did anyone else spot that comment in the February Issue of Good woodworking (171, page 62)? Some chap whose two LN planes are kept in a display cabinet, just for looking at!! I think a rescue plan needs to be organised :)
Cheers
Andy

I hear ya! I see Lie Nielsens in display cases every now and then on eBay or read about guys that use their #1s as paper weights.

I'm up for a rescue -- those planes need to be used! 8)

Latest posts

Back