Something for the hand tool devotee who has everything!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hah!
At least he is honest about where it comes from. Nicely made, too.
But please can someone tell him how to spell Boggs.............. :lol:
Philly :D

The sad thing is he's sold more than a few of 'em. They remind me of the hardwood totes or holders for your Lie Nielsen block planes.

Personally, I've got a silk purse for each of my Lie Nielsens. :roll:

ydb1md":3lltilnx said:
They remind me of the hardwood totes or holders for your Lie Nielsen block planes.

The block plane totes are made and sold by the same bloke. Just click on the link beside the seller's user ID.

I know the "bloke", he's a member of our local WW association.

Every month when we meet he comes up with a box of new tools/jigs/gadgets for us to see. It's always fun to see what he comes up with... I wish I had access to the same equipment he has...

I bought from him a (tailed) router jig that vastly simplifies the installation of quadrant hinges (Brusso 638 if my memory serves me right). Haven't had the chance to try mine yet, but I know someone who used his and is very very happy with his purchase.

Someday he will hit on that one idea that will catch on and sell like crazy, I hope he succeeds...

DC

The original "blade retractor" was made purely for my own amusement and use.

I got quite a shock when I watched the Brian Boggs dvd.

The facility with which he makes adjustments while working, is awesome.

However when making a pair of Barnsley chair copies, I needed to take 1 thou" shavings from curved surfaces about 1 1/4" wide. This called for a similar setting to smoothing plane, i.e. slightly curved, "balanced" blade with very fine shaving. Not being able to see so well these days I find the retractor useful for these fine settings.

It satisfactorily solved my problem, but I can quite see that others may have no use for such a device! Which by the way was quite an effort to build. The idea was concieved in a few minutes but the making took much longer........

best wishes,
David Charlesworth

I did think at one time that I might be in the market for a couple of these Boggs shaves from Axminster, but when I saw what they cost and there's no adjuster in-built :( , my enthusiasm waned the merest fraction so I think my leanings are much more towards the LV ones now, when I can rustle up some pennies - Rob

Back