Some simple pics, managed to shrink the size I think?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

renderer01

Established Member
Reaction score
Hope this works and hope you like,

Rend.

Attachments

• P1010706.JPG
    P1010706.JPG
    173 KB · Views: 854
  • P1010712.JPG
    P1010712.JPG
    178.3 KB · Views: 854
  • Copy of P1010637.jpg
    Copy of P1010637.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 854
  • P1010698.JPG
    P1010698.JPG
    174.4 KB · Views: 854
Really nice work renderer. I see you are away well ahead of me.
I hope to be able to have a test turn of something on Sunday, tomorrow hopefully off on a 240 mile(ish) round trip to collect some wood. I really like the second one although I can see some of the other pieces demanded more work and ingenuity. I think it is the colour and warmth of the wood combined with the form that you have created makes it so pleasing to my eye. But then I have no artistic talent whatsoever.

Thanks for that the second picture WF is the heartwood of yew all white wood has long since rotted away. From a massive tree, the history of this wood is it served as ballast in a sailing boat for 75 years and was going to be burned when a friend rescued it some 28 pieces almost the size of railway sleepers. He generously gave me one of them.

Rend

Lovely. My favourite is the second one, is that Yew? I love the unusual shape, going to pilfer that idea and try one myself :)

Hello MMUK.

I really like the first one :) Egg cup?
Nope its an ornamental laburnum goblet, but there is no scale reference so I can see how you may think that.

I assume this was a combination of turning and hand carving?
Nope its an offcentre piece completed entirely on the lathe. Utube shows demos, but beware you have to work to fill in the gaps they dont show it all, the video I watched took 4.5 mins watching but the goblet took nearly 3 hours to make, have fun.

Rend.

Hello NicGuthrie,
Thanks for that, the second picture is the heartwood of yew all white wood has long since rotted away. From a massive tree, the history of this wood is it served as ballast in a sailing boat for 75 years and was going to be burned when a friend rescued it, some 28 pieces almost the size of railway sleepers. He generously gave me one of them.

Rend.

Thanks Gregmacateer,
No3 is small spalted olive ash burr bowl, what a mouthfull but I do like working with Ash.

Rend.

Back