Some segmentation and intarsia

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lumberman

Established Member
Reaction score
These are a few pieces I cut earlier.

Harry

Attachments

• Forum 01.jpg
    Forum 01.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 937
  • Forum 02.jpg
    Forum 02.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 937
  • Forum 03.jpg
    Forum 03.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 937
  • Forum 04.jpg
    Forum 04.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 937
love the work, the cat in particular, apart from being a nice piece of work makes me smile, must be the grin on its face

john

I use a Hegner multicut 2 Variable speed, The pig is made from pine.I use cellulose spray lacquer for the finish.
I tried to post pictures in a bigger size but the forum wouldn't accept them told me the files were to big.

Incidently can anyone tell me how to fix the tension on this saw. I keep loosing tension when using under load, I was wondering if it could be the spring or some other part of the tensioning mechanism that is worn.

Harry

[
Lumberman":2atp0pii said:
I use a Hegner multicut 2 Variable speed, The pig is made from pine.I use cellulose spray lacquer for the finish.
I tried to post pictures in a bigger size but the forum wouldn't accept them told me the files were to big.

Incidently can anyone tell me how to fix the tension on this saw. I keep loosing tension when using under load, I was wondering if it could be the spring or some other part of the tensioning mechanism that is worn.

Harry

Great Work, =D> =D> .

Re blade tension.

Check that there is no lubrication/oil etc, on the blade screw tensioning rod at the rear of the arms.
If there is, remove the rod and completely clean, with a degreaser.
Never be tempted to oil this screw rod.

Take care.

Chris R.

Thanks Chris for that. I never go any where near the tensioning rod with oil, but I will check to see if any oil has strayed into that area when lubricating the arms. If oil is not the problem I guess there must be wear somewhere where though I don't know. Suppose it will be a process elimination.
Thank You

Harry.

Lovely work can i ask how do you make the patterns for intarsia is there softwhare that makes all the curves etc.
Jim

I don't make the patterns Jim, there are various books on the market on intarsia work one in particular is Cathy wise's book on intarsia for the begginer also there are several sites where you can purchase patterns.

Harry

Latest posts

Back