some 'real wood'

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mailee

Established Member
Reaction score
Well I have finally got another 'real wood' job. I have made a start on the oak computer desk for one of my clients. Not much to show at the moment apart from some proper wood
DSCN3024.jpg

The Oak not the Pine. :lol:
and starting to machine it up
DSCN3025.jpg

and a glue up for the legs
DSCN3023.jpg

I hope to get the rest of the wood machined up tomorrow and start on the legs and frame. I will of course keep you all posted as usual. :D

Hello Alan

Look forward to see what this turns into.

Is your cross cut saw set up all right? There's some real burn on the ends of those.

The RAS is set up alright g-ster but it needs a new blade as does my SCMS. (they are my next purchase)
Well I really got cracking today and managed to get the frame in a dry fit
DSCN3026.jpg

The tennons need a little fettling and the legs still need some work but not a bad days work considering I also got all the planks for the top milled up.
DSCN3027.jpg

By the end of the day, (well evening really) I had the top in a glue up but didn't get any pics of it.

After a lot of sanding today I got the frame in a glue up:
DSCN3028.jpg

I have added the drawer dividers and cross brace to the frame now too.
Then I cut the top to dimensions and added the bread board ends, finally giving it all a good sanding. (I am sick of sanding now) :roll:
DSCN3029.jpg

My next job is to start on the drawers and the frame work for the drawer box which will fit below the right hand side. :D

Thanks Rog. I made and fitted the buttons to hold the top on today.
DSCN3032.jpg

I then got on with making the smaller drawer boxes that will sit just under the top.
DSCN3033.jpg

I am waiting for some veneered MDF to arrive for the drawer chest so made the smaller drawer fronts and couldn't resist trying them in place. :oops:
DSCN3035.jpg

And he has three shredded wheat each morning and wears his underpants on the outside - Supermailee :mrgreen:

You ought to set up a webcam so the world can see just how fast you are, although I reckon it would probably look speeded up.

This is a very interesting project and I am looking forward to seeing the end result. Your earl pictures made my mouth water with all that expensive gorgeous oak the green eye is certainly on.

Made a start on the drawer unit today. I haven't got the veneered MDF yet but thought I would build the frame for it. Using the table saw and spindle moulder I cut all of the frame parts.
DSCN3036.jpg

It is now ready for the veneered MDF when it arrives.
DSCN3037.jpg

I am having a day off on Monday so that's it for a couple of days for now. :D

Been pretty busy today on the Oak desk. I got the main frame and top in a sealer coat and started work on the drawers now the runners had arrived. I got them fitted eventually as they took a bit of fiddling about to get them to operate smoothly.
DSCN3045.jpg

DSCN3044.jpg

Once they were all fitted I made the drawer boxes for the drawer unit.
DSCN3046.jpg

More sanding tomorrow and I shall start to assemble the drawer unit. ;)

I got the veneered panels today and cracked on with the drawer unit. I had already cut the parts so it was a simple matter of assembling it.
DSCN3048.jpg

By the end of the day I had the unit in place below the desk. It will now be removed again to give it a finish.
DSCN3047.jpg

I used my usual soft close runners for these which were much easier to install than the ball bearing jobbies of the top ones.
I have also used the Hambridge progression for the drawers on this unit. :D

Thanks. Well I got the desk finished and will be delivering it on Monday.
DSCN3052.jpg

DSCN3050.jpg

DSCN3051.jpg

I have now dismantled it so I can transport it on Monday.

Good evening alan, great lloking desk, how much would something like that cost the end user if you dont mind saying
may thanks
Dave

Delivered and fitted it today. Customer was happy with it and has ordered a dinning chair to be made. :D
DSCN3054.jpg

DSCN3055.jpg

DSCN3056.jpg

another job well done. :D

I like the table but I hope you offered to make a false front for the filing cabinet that they have shoved in on the left hand side as it really spoils your work!

Back