Some of the gear but naff all idea

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JKM

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello from sunny Suffolk.

I am completely new to woodwork and any wood related DIY ( some spectacularly bodged loft boarding and things no one sees excepted)

I moved to a new build house 18 months ago and want to make the most of the storage opportunities and a few other jobs so I thought I would see if I could manage any of these projects myself instead of getting in a professional.

Admittedly tooling up with mainly festool stuff likely negates the savings from DIYing the first few projects. The 'how much woodworking costs' thread did make me feel much better though, but Peter millard still has a lot to answer for, making it all look so easy.

Vague plans revolve around creating a workshop space in the garage, closing off some big alcoves to make wardrobe type spaces, extending a kitchen with additional cabinets and building a fully integrated bookcase about 3.8m long and floor to ceiling.

Hopefully I can start small and gradually pick up some skills and techniques with the tools I bought and as I improve I can tackle the next, slightly harder task.

As it will mainly revolve around cabinet and sheet goods type jobs I bought a tracksaw (TS55), mitre saw ks60) and domino along with a ctl sys and an of1010 router.

Its dawning on me how many other bits I need, clamps especially.

Anyway, I have already gleaned a lot of helpful info lurking here, and hopefully will pick up more in the future, cheers.

Welcome.

You are certainly starting in a good place tool wise but you realise this means you have no excuses 🧐

Looking forwards to some pics of your projects (y)

I wish I had your gusto to dive headlong into green and black tools! Welcome, and I look forwards to the photos of your progress.

Fitz.

Back