• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

SOLD: Record Power Dust Extractor

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

paulm

Established Member
Reaction score
1000 watt single motor, with fine cartridge filter and wheeled stand, takes 4" hose or normal vacuum hose, works fine but I have more extractors than I need and have room for !

£70 please, cash on collection from Basingstoke, Hampshire, near J6/J7 M3.

LancsRick

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm struggling to find info on this, I can only find the dx1500. Have you got a link to the specs anywhere please?

Also would you be willing to dismantle to post, otherwise I'm wasting your time

paulm

Established Member
Reaction score
It's not a current model so unlikely to find much on it, but all you need to know really is in the ad and the picture of the specs' plate ?

I'll obviously be happy to try and answer any questions though :)

Having said that, I am looking for collection though rather than the hassle of trying to dismantle it and box it up.

Cheers, Paul

paulm

Established Member
Reaction score
It has a good level of filtration, using the standard record pleated paper cartridge filter and paper filter over that too. It's the same system of filters that I think they still use on many models so a look at their specs on their site might give you more quantitative information. I would do that for you but tied up at the moment.

paulm

Established Member
Reaction score
As mentioned, it takes 4" hose too, so usable for chip extraction although if large volumes like with a planer/thicknesser for example you probably would want a twin motor version or a low pressure high volume chip extractor. I've used this one on the bandsaw mainly, also on power tools and general workshop cleaning duty. Would prefer to keep it but a smaller workshop now means a few bits have to go !

Alie Barnes

Established Member
Reaction score
It would mainly be used for wood turning. I'll have a look online in a bit. But very interested will confirm this afternoon.

paulm

Established Member
Reaction score
Good to meet you Alistair, hope you get some turning time in soon :)

Cheers, Paul