• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SOLD: Makita 5377MG Hypoid Circular Saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptainBarnacles

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

As this is the last of my 110V tools and I don't really give it much use I have decided to part (begrudgingly!) with my Makita 5377MG Hypoid Saw.

This saw is amazing - forget everything you know about circular saws, this thing is a beast! I imported it from the USA about 3 years ago when I was going to build an oak frame garage. It absolutely sliced it's way through the oak without a hiccup. The torque that this thing has is incredible. Obviously, being designed for the US market it is 110V and it's fine to run it on our 50Hz rather than the US 60Hz (the spec plate states 50/60Hz).

There is an excellent teardown review of this tool on Youtube by AVE (be warned though, it's definitely not one to watch at work or when the kids are around).

After I finished the garage I didn't really use the saw so it seems a bit frivolous to hang on to it, and with yet another house move in the new Year I need to pare back the workshop.

I had a sparky mate fit a much longer power cable and I have recently fitted a Freud blade (which gives a great finish).

Comes with the original box and instruction manual. NOW SOLD

Back