Social distancing, .. what's that?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wanting a disproportionate amount of freedom suggests to me that people are doing things they shouldn't be doing, and don't want to get caught.

But who gets to decide what I should be doing? and for what reason?

If you are happy to be watched and your every move scrutinised that's fine, I however feel that I can live my life without causing loss or harm to any other being without being watched 24/7

But who gets to decide what I should be doing? and for what reason?

If you are happy to be watched and your every move scrutinised that's fine, I however feel that I can live my life without causing loss or harm to any other being without being watched 24/7

That's true, but it also gives the opportunity for others to harm or cause loss to you.

More to the point, I am sure the government and security services have better things to do than watch everything I do. I certainly haven't had any compliments on my bench hook by MI5 yet. Saying that, I was recently googling potential PhD topics and one of them was nuclear terrorism, which might have raised some eyebrows.

So, my personal preference is to have a far higher rate of civilian monitoring, because I likely benefit more from other people being more easily caught than I have to worry about if the government know I went to Tesco for some crisps at 3.29pm and then went home and watched videos about veneer glue.

Obviously everyone has their own opinion on rights but I think the West is currently on the wrong track one way, and China is too extreme on the other.

So, my personal preference is to have a far higher rate of civilian monitoring,
Just for fun then, say you were in charge what level of surveillance would you subject us to?

Just for fun then, say you were in charge what level of surveillance would you subject us to?

National ID cards, no anonymous access to any telecoms systems, heavier use of facial recognition in cities and transport systems, easier access for police to financial and phone records, far more NPR technology to reduce the ability to use fake numberplates.

There is no scientific evidence to back up the draconian measures we have had imposed on us. Sweden didn't do lockdown, fact ! and they are no worse off than us health wise but far better off financially.
Viruses are everywhere seek out Zach Bush, he's an expert and has no agenda. He's an interesting guy. The only true way out of this situation is natural herd immunity, once we have had the virus you won't get it again, the body is then full of antibodies to stop it reoccurring. The WHO and the rest of the gates cabal are lying to us, they are all about a vaccine that's all this is about. You have
Check out corbetreport/gates its not a conspiracy theory its fact no lizards no accusations draw your own conclusion.
Check out Eugenics.
Check out who funded the Wuhan lab with millions of us taxpayers dollars stand up Mr Anthony Faucci

All the evidence is showing this is no more deadly a disease than the flu. It's trend is like the flu dropping off in summer. I am dreading the winter by November all hell will break loose and then the vaccine will magically appear anyone willing to offer odds I'm all in.
Once you take the vaccine you will then have to take more and more I bet you. But I won't be taking it and why should I have to. The only people in danger would be others who choose not to be vaccinated if the vaccine works so the case for mandatory vaccination is bogus.
Check out Robert f Kennedy jnr and his take on vaccines he's not a nutcase.

There is so much fabricated nonsense & dangerous untruths in this post that it should be framed as an example of how some people fall for pretty much every conspiracy theory & piece of fake news going, so long as it gels with their preconceptions.

National ID cards, no anonymous access to any telecoms systems, heavier use of facial recognition in cities and transport systems, easier access for police to financial and phone records, far more NPR technology to reduce the ability to use fake numberplates.

:oops: How does reading a numberplate say from a CCTV help stop fake ones?
I all for less intrusion, even though I think I'm pretty non hooky these days.

:oops: How does reading a numberplate say from a CCTV help stop fake ones?
I all for less intrusion, even though I think I'm pretty non hooky these days.

If a plate is suddenly seen miles from where it was last recorded (and there's no intermediate sightings), it can get flagged up as being potentially false. Obviously right now we haven't got enough police to enforce it, or stop it at checkpoints etc etc. Obviously it's easier to spot if the two cars are on the road at the same time!

If a plate is suddenly seen miles from where it was last recorded (and there's no intermediate sightings), it can get flagged up as being potentially false. Obviously right now we haven't got enough police to enforce it, or stop it at checkpoints etc etc. Obviously it's easier to spot if the two cars are on the road at the same time!

By that explaination I assume then it would be a fruitless exercise and another waste of money.

Bill, the problem with your argument is that your presumption is that the state and therefore in this day and age by complicit agreement large corporate investment, is munificent. But it's not. Never has been. Open any history book. Even a largely beneficial society like the UK. Yet throughout UK history the Government has quite happily inposed state based order on the people at whim. It echoes though the years.
The issue for me is that the goalposts have already shifted. You carry a mobile, you maintain an online presence, pay bills etc etc you are already on database peddaling your information. For free. You're giving away what other people are making money from.
Ok. but for the law abiding citizen with nothing to fear is that ok?
There must be a point, HAS to be a point where your information/data becomes more important than the person dealing in it. Where is that? Medical records?
Family History? Family photos of your nan's 80th birthday on polaroid?
We keep giving this information away but the corporate multibillion dollar companies peddaling that information don't share the pot Bill.
Why is that ok?
Why is it ok for your information to be peadalled off?

This is not all about 'terrorism' or 'national security threat' or Bill W is a criminal.... There's a bigger picture but it's not some secret society or such nonsense. Just human greed.

Best wishes. Don't mean to offend anyone, least of all you Bill.

Hi all

No one can really be supprised because the chinese supply nearly everything these days and they gave us Covid for nothing. If it was not for human rights and our obsession with privacy and data protection then we would stand a better chance of holding it at bay till a vacine is sourced.

Why is it ok for your information to be peadalled off?

This is not all about 'terrorism' or 'national security threat' or Bill W is a criminal.... There's a bigger picture but it's not some secret society or such nonsense. Just human greed.

Best wishes. Don't mean to offend anyone, least of all you Bill.

Yeah I agree that information shouldn't be used for profit, the whole thing with the UK government giving Google access to NHS records (did that happen in the end?) is certainly moving away from what I would think was necessary for my own security and safety. That said, if the data is used in such a way that it spots some pattern in illness or disease and I'm flagged up at being at risk so get treatment before I even knew I was ill.....well yeah this gets difficult doesn't it?!

Hi all

No one can really be supprised because the chinese supply nearly everything these days and they gave us Covid for nothing. If it was not for human rights and our obsession with privacy and data protection then we would stand a better chance of holding it at bay till a vacine is sourced.

How does that work?

Why, what you hiding?
Everything I can.
I don't see why anyone should be watching my every move and selling my habits and purchase history so I can be targeted with endless ads for what I have already bought.

There is no difference Bill. No privacy.
When you fill in your census do you tick that little box, because otherwise your local council sells all your data to online mass marketing companies. George Orwell was a visionary Bill and I'm the very blunt end of data privacy. This issue will ony continue to grow as information points online get assimilated in the future. No tin foil here just a relucance to make some squirm in a suit rich from my data.

Everything I can.
I don't see why anyone should be watching my every move and selling my habits and purchase history so I can be targeted with endless ads for what I have already bought.

OK but just to clarify, I'm not advocating this, I am advocating that the state more heavily monitor citizens in order to provide security and safety. This isn't about adverts of Facebook.

That said, if the data is used in such a way that it spots some pattern in illness or disease and I'm flagged up at being at risk so get treatment before I even knew I was ill.....well yeah this gets difficult doesn't it?!
Seriously, would you take treatment, just because you were at risk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back