So what turning toys are you expecting on Sunday morning

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Already using the coronet CL3 headstock the better half bought me to upgrade from my CL1, a full set of record carving chisels and the John Jordan dvds to replace the vhs ones I had. :)

Chris, I have the CL1, all be it with an upgrade to a 3ø variable speed motor. What is the difference in the upgrade to a CL3 headstock? This is a genuine question?

I have to admit that I ddn't get anything in particular for the festivities, but it's quite fascinating to hear what you all have got!!

John,
I've got the Coronet No 1 which is a bigger headstock casting and the phosphor bronze bearing, same as the CL3, would love the variable speed though!

(homer) woo hoo!
Santa brought me a hot glue gun, a hot air gun, and a big bag of wood blanks :D which i will be taking a picture of and requesting id shortly cos there is some kind of cryptic labelling system on most and none on others. they'd been sat in santas shed for the last few years til he got a round tuit, but he never did so theyve been donated to the cause :mrgreen:
happy days

My lovely partner provided me with a very nice chainsaw so i can get down the beach and chainsaw all the nuisance kids :lol: :lol:

Ooops er....... i mean cut up all those logs that are just lying there waiting for me.

Well my Big brother turned out to be a little brother but never mind as I can't use it anyway.
Had a little play this morning and ended hollowing with a bowl gouge.

Are there any 101 simple stupid guides for the use of the brother tools, I have seen the Hamlet ytube vid of wet wood turning but its clearly aimed as a marketing video.

Tony

The Brother2 is now behaving a lot better since having assembled the cutter / shroud block correctly :mrgreen:

I received a Sorby Ultima hollower, initially dissapointed until I worked out that the edge guard [adjustable bevel] was not lining up correctly with the cutter, this meant that while not cutting on the pull it would grab on the farthest side. I had to alter the profile so that the amount of exposed edge was equal at all points.

Back