So Tempted

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Perhaps it was a come on?

Many firms advertise things they never have or intend to sell, in the old days we called it switch selling.

Well... I had my delivery today... sort of. :roll:

Driver said he couldn't get his lorry down the access road, even though the brewery lorries waste collection lorries etc all manage to. :roll:

So.. the only other option was to hand unload them at the end of the access road, they weren't even on a pallet or strapped together for the crane thingy to unload them, oh no.. that would be too easy. :roll:
We took ten off and by then I was sweating like a hog on a spit so said he would have to deliver the rest another day, he seemed ok with that.
It's taken me and my brother well over an hour to lug the ten up the access road and we are both totally shattered, thank God I stopped when we had only ten off.

Not impressed at all with the delivery but..... the boards are cabinet grade and look to be very good quality with no filler; at £7 a board inc del I'm well pleased... until the other ten turn up and we have to go through it all again.

RogerS":3oeux7pz said:
Oh excellent, Studders, good score!
Thank you Rog.

BTW You were probably right, I asked the delivery bloke why it was so cheap, was it a mistake? He said he didn't think so (a mistake) just a short promotion for some reason or other. So it's entirely possible they had it on offer at that price before, and may do again. So, anyone that needs some... keep checking back.

Strudders, after that bargain you could invest in a porters trolley, they usually cost around £19.99 from those advs. in the Saturday papers. :)

We had similar thoughts D Dubya but concluded the state of the access road would have made any trolley unusable. Hopefully the next ten won't be so bad as they're going to deliver them in a smaller vehicle that can get up the access road (not that the lorry couldn't have done, as I mentioned before).

Well I took a day off from the furniture yesterday and used the ply I purchased from this Wickes promotion to re - roof my garden shed (well at 5m x 4m its quite a large shed) Got to say the plywood was great quality and damn heavy per board.

Thanks for the hears up on this cheap ply, it actually cost me more for the mineralised felt for the roof than the plywood.

Result!

Back