So how many electric drills do you have?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

graduate_owner

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been doing some shed sorting and have counted up how many electric drills I have, (and I'm not a pro user). So I have 4 - 120v drills, 8 - 240v and 4 battery drills, not counting the ones with duff batteries. Most have been acquired second hand and some I've had for over 40 years, one AEG drill for as little as £1, but I did actually buy 3 of them brand new - 2 battery ones and 1 mains. Do I use them all? Well actually I do use most of them as in a heavy duty SDS when I am doing some serious masonry drilling or chiselling, and one with a 5/8" chuck when I need the extra chuck capacity. One is permanently fixed to a drill sharpener, and I have my 'favourite' one for general use. The rest get occasional use as needed. The battery ones are really useful. They get the most use of all.

So, I was wondering - how do others compare, and am I unusual?

K

One Bosch cordless drill - used for odds and sods around the house and workshop.
One Skill corded drill - normal use in the workshop. It seems to be more powerful and faster than the cordless.
On old B&D corded drill. Good power and with a metal body (yes, that old!) it can go in a clamp. It also has an amazingly long cord.

Two. Old metal B&D that my Dad gave me when I was getting started. Newer Bosch. Both mains. Rarely use the B&D but don't really know why, it works well enough, noisy and heavy though.

lol no - and I'm only a DIYer! - 1x 12v, 1x14v, 2x 18v all cordless and 3x 240v corded (one of which is a big one, almost construction grade for drilling masonry).

Blimey I hadn't really thought about it until now :)

edit: Oh yeah and my spanking new pillar drill.... how could I forget?

I have one large Titan 1050w corded plus 3 battery drills, 2 Bosch 12v and a Makita 18v
The cheapo but strong and heavy Titan does amazingly for masonry!

Between them they cover all I need.

I have a 10.8v bosch which is fantastic but I could do with a night one for a bit more oomph. I will probably buy a corded one for that. The bosch will need new batteries or replacing in the next year but it doesn't owe me anything

Hi I have got:- 2 x10.8 durofix 2 x 18v dewalt 2 x 14.4v hitachi and 2 x 240v dewalt corded = 1 percussion and 1 sds plus, blimey did not realise how many I had!

I have got....

For daily use i have ...14/4 volt Panasonic ...2 drills, 1sds drill, 2 impact drivers
And 110volt Bosch SDS multidrill

Knocking around the workshop there are:
2 24 v Panasonic SDS drills
110volt Bosch drill
12volt Panasonic drill and impact driver
15.6volt Panasonic impact drivers x2
15.6volt Panasonic drills at least 1
And finally 3.6volt Bosch ixo

All the battery drills in the workshop were retired because the batteries wore out..........they all still work and are loaned out regularly!!!!

Hmmm....I have rather a lot....

about 25, plus 2 or 3 trapped between kitchen wall units and ceilings or under floor boards

I have a big AEG 1/2"masonry hammer drill with screw drive and reverse.
Makita LCT305 Drill and impact driver set, my everyday jobbie.
And a Bosch drill my dad gave me, its about 12, or more years old, but nearly like new.
Finally, a Hilti 110volt drill/driver rarely comes out the box.
Rodders

I have seven drills, though I've recently developed a strange circular saw fetish... I currently have four, with No. 5 hopefully on its way (if the seller honours the sale - ba5tard :()

I have a corded bosch hammer drill,
14.4 v black and decker,
18v lithium black and decker hammer drill,
18v McKellar hammer drill,
and a nondescript 18v model.

1 big Bosch SDS
2 Blue Bosch mains
3 12V Makita
1 12V Makita impact driver
2 old 7.2 V Makita 1 angle 1 drill
1 Bosch 9.6V
3 egg beaters 1 Millers Falls 2 Stanley
Various Braces etc

Pete

Bosch 2kg SDS
Atlas-Copco 3kg SDS
Bosch heavy duty drill (1100 watts)
AEG 650 watt drill
Bosch dry diamond coring drill
Makita high speed drywall/TEKS driver
all 110 volt
Makita cordless SDS 18 volt lithium
Makita cordless drill/drivers 18 volt lithium (2 no)
Makita cordless brushless impact driver 18 volt lithium
Makita cordless collated drywall driver 18 volt lithium
Makita cordless drywall driver 18 volt lithium
Makita cordless angle drill/driver 18 volt lithium
Bosch cordless drill/driver 10.8 volt lithium (2 no)
Makita cordless impact driver 7.2 volt lithium

Every drill has a specific use for specific tasks

-A very big Eibenstock slow speed drill with morse 3 taper
-Makita SDS
-Metabo corded rill
-Small corded Metabo drill
-12 volt DeWalt cordless drill

2 x mains SDS, 2 x 14.4 v, 1 x 12v, 1 x 10.8v, 1 x pillar drill and 1 x mains (normal drill)
Now I've written that down I can see why the good lady moans :lol:

Back