Small World

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alf

Established Member
Reaction score
Hadn't seen this mentioned over here, but following on from the Miniature Shoulder Plane, LV have come out with a Miniature Edge Plane

05p8101s1.jpg

And if you've always fancied a Bevel-Up Smoother but couldn't quite justify the price, how about:

Unfortunately no wood will be harmed during the ownership of that one. but pretty cool, I thought.

No affiliation. Okay, so I might have placed a miniature order, but I needed something else anyway. Honest... :oops:

Bit too shiny for me. I use this:

IMG_4262.jpg

IMG_4263.jpg

"Marx" brand, 3" long. Functional blade, but the adjustments aren't up to much. And really, those dreadful plastic handles!!

Some of the folks round here would have stripped it down and made a miniature infill of that by now, Andy. Chop chop. :wink: (Although those aren't the worst brown plastic handles I've ever seen, not by a long way.)

AndyT":2e1d7rhb said:
Bit too shiny for me. I use this:

IMG_4262.jpg

IMG_4263.jpg

"Marx" brand, 3" long. Functional blade, but the adjustments aren't up to much. And really, those dreadful plastic handles!!

:lol: I used to have one of those many moons ago, but can't for the life of me think of where it disappeared to. I think one of my brothers nabbed and swapped it for a box of toy soldiers or something. :(

-------------

I tend to use various incarnations and adaptations of Stanley's 100 - 101.5 lineup for small work, but Ibex planes are very well worth having around if your work justifies them. Very nice heft for such small finger planes and great little users. :wink:

Glad to see someone else had one. I find it rather pleasing that something made and sold as a toy is a pretty close model of a No 4 and comes with a functional blade! Obviously it's not in the same league as the others, but still nice to have.

AndyT":18g7qnnw said:
Glad to see someone else had one. I find it rather pleasing that something made and sold as a toy is a pretty close model of a No 4 and comes with a functional blade! Obviously it's not in the same league as the others, but still nice to have.

I think they were intended as tooth-pick sharpeners and brought new meaning to the term "micro-bevel". You'd often see them being sold among those key-ring mounted "Loud-Bang" pistols on shop counters. :shock:

I've a small square from Meccano that would go well with your plane. :D

Back