Small Table

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jez

Established Member
Reaction score
This is my 3rd Project overall

Im 17 and do cabinet making at collage this was part of an exam where you couldn't use machines only hand tools. :x

Had 15 hours to complete it.

table4.jpg

Top is vaneered MDF with Birdseye Maple and Sycamore vanner on the border,edging and the underneath.

Made of Sycamore, legs are Mortise and Tenons and the cross rails are joined by Dadoes.

table2.jpg

table3.jpg

Bit small for any use but its just a "showing what you've learnt on the course" kinda thing :D

Cheers :wink:

Jez":3bc4xbhy said:
...you couldn't use machines only hand tools. :x
Mwahahahahahaaaaaaaaa :twisted:

Looks good. =D> Dimensions? What method did you use for the veneering? Finish? C'mon, we're fellow sad case woodworkers, you don't have to keep the details brief to avoid our eyes glazing over. :wink: :lol:

Cheers, Alf

lol :D

It just has a wax finished and sanded down with 320

the vaneer was put in a big clamp and sandwiched between to big peices of wood, it was kind of a machine i guess but it didn't used electricity :D

can't remember the dimensions unless i go and measure :x

Jez":13cq8puo said:
can't remember the dimensions unless i go and measure :x
Off you go then; we'll wait... :wink: Roughly will do. Just wondering 'cos you said it was a bit small to be any use.

Cheers, Alf

Looks nice Jez. Well done.

What about #2 and #3. You need to post more pictures - It's compulsory! :D
And like ALF says we must have dimensions too.

Lee.

Jez,
another nice piece & looks big enough for a pint glass & bag of crisps come Saturday afternoon.

Lee,
from memory I think #2 or #3 was a bedside cabinet.

Andy

dedee":2zkn5xtz said:
Jez,
another nice piece & looks big enough for a pint glass & bag of crisps come Saturday afternoon.

Thats a good use for it :lol:

Number 1 was a dovetail box

Number 2 was a bedside cabinet

https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/view ... sc&start=0

number 4 (which im working on now) is a replica of one if Linleys console tables.

I cant find a picture on the net so ill scan one in with it when its done
:D

Ill give you the dimensions tomorrow i can't seem to find a measuring tape :x

Excellent job,looks great :D

Ill give you the dimensions tomorrow i can't seem to find a measuring tape

You need to address this problem :lol: - you should always have at least one tape to hand (I often leave the house before realising I still have a pencil behind my ear,and a tape measure clipped on a trouser pocket - unless that is the start of senility :oops: )

Andrew

Looks great :D don't forget to take it home or someone else will !
As for the small comment , wait till you have to make a 300mm tall door and frame or a three tread bullnosed staircase you cant fit a foot on . Then theres cut and fixing a barn end hipped roof with pitched dormers you can pick up with one hand .
All made with only hand tools :shock:
God i sound like an old man :shock: :cry:
Nice job :D

Hi Jez
Very nice table=D> and [-X hand tools are your friends, you might not see it now but you will ( try carving with power tools :shock: :roll: )
More pics :roll: :wink:
Ps JFC you are old :twisted:

15 hours with only hand tools? Nice workl Jez, and a very nice little table

Back