Slow computer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaymar

Established Member
Reaction score
My daughter tried to download Itunes software onto her laptop but it has caused big problems. The computer is now very slow and the sound system is very croaky. I tried to Restore But could not . There is no windows disc so I presume there is a hidden part of the H.D. Any ideas on how to rescue her laptop would be much appreciated.

I tried the restore function but only got "Cannot restore to this date". I tried twice without success

Have you tried tacking out the software that caused the problem.Does restore work in safe mode( you can check in control panel -system, system restore if its enabled). best if i stop here for others to solve.

I had a similar problem with system restore some time ago and kept getting the message 'cannot restore to this date', so which bloody date can you restore to? Yes it was all enabled,have given up trying.

If the computer run fine before the download , and you cant restore back to before the download , why not remove the files ( software ) that caused the problem .

It's not clear from your original post whether your daughter simply downloaded iTunes or downloaded and installed iTunes?

In the case of the latter, I too would go with Add/Remove programs in the Control Panel.

In the case of the former (which I'd be surprised would slow the PC down), I'd simply delete the downloaded file from wherever it was downloaded to.

As an aside... iTunes did this to my PC too but only when I ws ripping a CD to my PC. I cured it by changing the type of file that it saves to. Can't remember the detail (since stopped using iTunes), however, I'll see if I can recall more if this sounds like the same problem.

Back