Slightly decorated Ash vase!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gasmansteve

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all
Had another go with my stencil cutter on a vase I turned the other day with hopefully another Japanese theme to it. I wondered for a while about getting rid of the small bark piece on the side but then I had the notion as the rings lead you to it that it was really the heart of the vase and it didn`t want to go just yet so I left it on :hmm: Added a little bit of pyro to the bottom edge of the lid.

IMG_1261.jpg

IMG_1262.jpg

C&C welcome as usual!
Cheers
Steve]

Another good one. The shape is vaguely reminiscent of a Chinese ginger jar.

I agree about the rings leading to the bark remnant - works for me. :D :D :D :D

regards,

mikec

mikec":1a82uhde said:
Another good one. The shape is vaguely reminiscent of a Chinese ginger jar.

I agree about the rings leading to the bark remnant - works for me. :D :D :D :D

regards,

mikec

works for me too - clean piece, good lines and appropriate embelishment.

Beautiful and elegant! Well done.
Is that an electric pencil or a stencil? Please explain the term "stencil cutter".

Steve

Superb!

I agree with Mike that it looks like a gingerjar. Classy with the oriental twist to perfection.

What are the symbols done with, is it spray painted through the stencil or other?

I did pause before commenting as slightly unsure about the coarse edge on the underside of the lid. I still haven't decided if it adds or detracts and I keep flip flopping between the two views which therefore means it really doesn't matter!

I like where you are taking us with your recent work. They all put an original twist on a classic form. Letting the natural beauty of the wood always works for me.

I look forward to your next thrilling installment.

Thanks chaps for the comments, appreciated. The lid has been niggling me since I made it and I think I`ll be changing it soon.
I made a stencil of Japanese peace symbols using a gadget called a Craft Robo which can cut out any design you create on screen, this was sized up accordingly, stuck on and then airbrushed, sealed then a couple of coats of satin polish. I tried spraying after sanding sealer was applied once but found the airbrush paint didn`t adhere to the surface. I have a bit of an odd idea for the lid so not sure if it will work but its all good fun trying!
Cheers
Steve

Back