Sliding Mitre Saw advice

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pdtnc

Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting a Sliding Mitre Saw, I'd like one that has a firm depth-stop so I can make fairly accurate Half lap joints with it.

I was thinking along the lines of 'erbauer erb238msw 255mm-sliding-mitre-saw-230v' but am unsure if it has a depth stop and also unsure if its does have one... is it any good??

Cheers

It also costs a shed load of money, ideally I'm not going to spend more than £120-£150.

thanks

I'm not sure you are going to get a "good" machine in that price bracket. Not new, anyway.
The two machines that consistently get good reviews are the Bosch GSM10 (I have that and it is good) and the Makita (I think). Never used it but I gather owners are generally happy.
Your best bet would be to be on the lookout for a S/H one of these.
S

I have an old Erbauer 10" sliding saw at work, don't know the model number - prolly not the same as its 5 years old now. It has a depth stop for 'trenching' cuts - the depth stops on a lot of these saws are only a hinged bit of metal with a tapped hole and threaded insert.

FWIW

Thanks, I hadn't spotted that when I looked through the PDF the first time, to quote it says "The depth of cut can be preset for even and
repetitive shallow cuts."

Back