Sleep

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blister

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Just in case anyone else has a problem with it :cry:

I saw a article regarding sleep problems , one of the main reasons can be coffee

So I stopped drinking it 2 weeks ago and am now sleeping a lot better

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Although I've heard this before I find the opposite

I alway have to have a coffee before going to bed no matter what the time is and on the occasions when I wake up in the middle of the night with something on my mind I get up and have a coffee and I can usually go back to sleep

Andy

Andy,
Pleased it works for you, but coffee has been proved for many (not all) people to be bad for sleep.

I would really like to find something which allows me a good nights sleep (Apart from medication)

I need something which will prevent me from waking up at two in the morning when my dog rushes into the bedroom and starts licking my face :roll: :roll:

Losos":89r47r24 said:
Andy,
I need something which will prevent me from waking up at two in the morning when my dog rushes into the bedroom and starts licking my face :roll: :roll:

How about a closed door? :) I find normal coffeee keeps me awake but decaffeinated coffee is no problem at all.

Losos":3p0hepki said:

Sleeping pills for the dog :?: :?:

Cheers :wink:

Paul

I can never sleep on demand. Exams? No Sleep. Important interview? No sleep. Just want to get some sleep? No sleep

Grrr :x

And I only have one coffee in the morning and that's it :(

kafkaian":12f6fix4 said:
I can never sleep on demand. Exams? No Sleep. Important interview? No sleep.
Bach Flower Rescue Remedy if anxiety's your thing (alas it's mine :roll: )

Cheers, Alf

kafkaian":3f1fixts said:
I can never sleep on demand. Exams? No Sleep. Important interview? No sleep. Just want to get some sleep? No sleep

Kalm tablets are also good - natural ingredients and readily available from places like Boots.

Cheers :wink:

Paul

Thanks Alf and Paul. Will give them a go and report back

Well according to a BBC report here, the morning coffee has more to do with opposing withdrawal than acting as a valid pick-me-up

Count sheep. :lol:

The other method I use is to concentrate and think about massaging and relaxing every part of the body slowly and in order starting from the small toe. This has to be done in the imagination only, try to stay still. After a minute or so move on to the next toe,when the toes are all done move on to the ball of the foot then the sole, imagine that the whole foot is being gently relaxed then move up the leg, imagine the shin, calf knee etc. When one leg is "relaxed" move on to the little toes of the other leg.

Whenever I tried this I can never recall getting any futher then the ankle of the first leg.

Andy

dedee":28249n81 said:
Count sheep. :lol:

The other method I use is to concentrate and think about massaging and relaxing every part of the body slowly and in order starting from the small toe.

Tried that; makes me even more agitated and annoyed. It seems to work at the physical level but not the mental level for me

I'm a recovering insomniac. I have three things that help me sleep

1. Gardeners World
2. LBC
3. Hanky Panky, however, after watching gardeners world and/or listening to LBC I rarely get to the stage where I want No.3

But in all seriousness, if your having trouble sleeping, excercise is the best cure. Makesure that during your day you do enough excercise to be out of breath and raise the heart-rate, your are more likely to sleep well - something about endorphins, or is it dolphins.. not sure which, but it works :)

ByronBlack":3gof33p9 said:
IBut in all seriousness, if your having trouble sleeping, excercise is the best cure. Makesure that during your day you do enough excercise to be out of breath and raise the heart-rate, your are more likely to sleep well - something about endorphins, or is it dolphins.. not sure which, but it works :)

Exactly. Try a brisk long walk if "exercise" isn't your thing - and the sleep is much better. A swim in the evening (most pools offer late night swims) there are plenty of ways to exercise that aren't so strenous as well.

Adam

Back