Slatted Shower Mat

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, lets put it another way... Lets just say, for example, that SWMBO says that she wants the wood bent to match the shower tray. Suddenly the time, effort, waste, etc is all put in to perspective when compared to the alternative years of listening to how bent wood would have looked best... :roll:

I think I would make up the sub-frame cross members plus some extras for assembly purposes, complete with some end stops on the outside end of each one (fixing themt to some sheet material to temporarily hold them true) Then cut several strips of suitable timber, thin enough to be bent without steaming. Locate the first against the end blocks, smear with glue, apply the second, smear with glue, apply the third, and so on, until desired thickness achieved. Then use some spacing blocks, fixed to the sub-frame, to both clamp the first series of slats and provide a starting point for the next lot of strips.

matt":3zlphdqk said:
OK, lets put it another way... Lets just say, for example, that SWMBO says that she wants the wood bent to match the shower tray. Suddenly the time, effort, waste, etc is all put in to perspective when compared to the alternative years of listening to how bent wood would have looked best... :roll:
So you don't just believe that saying, "Sorry, love, but I can't do that" would work then? :whistle: All right, I know I can get away with it at times........

I think that you'd have difficulty getting a consistent curve with your lamination technique. True you wouldn't have to build a steamer box, but even with vacuum lamination/veneering you'd still need a different form for each curve section, and I think you'll still need to take account of springback (see here).

Scrit

Latest posts

Back