Sky+ users......Info req!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NeilO

Established Member
Reaction score
Does any Sky+ user know if you can transfer saved programmes (NYW ) to a hard disk on computer to burn them to DVD???

any help would be appreciated

Neil
I bought a cheap stand-alone DVD recorder - we use it as our regular dvd player in the front room. Then to put Sky+ programs onto DVD I just pop in a disc, start playback on Sky+ and press record on my DVD recorder. Piece of cake, and saves hours of PC work to accomplish this.

Hope this helps
Philly :D

Many thanks guys...

philly did think about buying astandalone DVD recorder but having a PC with burning capabilities i thought maybe save the ££ for tools :lol:

Neil, Thanks for the link.....but now having read several posts it seems the easiest way to do it , Is phillys suggestion and buy a standalone DVD recorder.

NeilO":1c09izaj said:
Neil, Thanks for the link.....but now having read several posts it seems the easiest way to do it , Is phillys suggestion and buy a standalone DVD recorder.

Definately - and if you want to do some basic editing one with a HDD is a real boon. I've only recently got Sky+ (because looks like I'll never get Freeview here) - together with my HDD/DVD recorder it's a winning combo! Not sure what these sell for nowadays.

Cheers

Gidon

Sky+ is great. When Norm finally comes back on you can record NYW and select the serial link and it'll record them all without you doing anything. I bought a cheapo dvd player/recorder to archive them off. Dead easy.

Philly":3onpqfy9 said:
Neil
I bought a cheap stand-alone DVD recorder - we use it as our regular dvd player in the front room. Then to put Sky+ programs onto DVD I just pop in a disc, start playback on Sky+ and press record on my DVD recorder. Piece of cake, and saves hours of PC work to accomplish this.

Hope this helps
Philly :D

Don't forget that you can use the 'copy' function in the Planner to playback a number of programs one after the other. I usually set this up just before I go to bed and in the morning I've a nice 4-6 hour set of programs on a shiny DVD.

Hi Ian

ianmelb":1xipe2ca said:
Don't forget that you can use the 'copy' function in the Planner to playback a number of programs one after the other.

Can you please give me a brief explanation of how you use it?

Thanks
Neil

Newbie_Neil":2znep5dp said:
Can you please give me a brief explanation of how you use it?

Sure, go into your planner with all your saved programmes and think on which ones you want to copy onto tape/DVD/etc and in which order.

Then highlight the first one and press the RED button (the status should then change to 'COPY') then highlight the next program and press the RED button again. If you 'higlight and 'COPY' the wrong program then pressing the red button again will unselect it.

Keep doing this til you have the last one done and then press the 'SELECT' button. A list of the programs to record should now come up along with an item telling you how many minutes you have selected.

Make sure that your recording device is set to record from your Sky box channel and that it has enough time left on the media to record all the programs you want. Then press Record on your device and 'SELECT' on the Sky remote. After a few seconds the selected programs will start spooling out to your recorder.

NB If you are copying "Box Office" events then some of these may encrypted with macrovision and may make the image go all over the place or even cancel the recording altogether. Some recorders only check for macrovision when they start recording so if there's none being transmitted at the time (i.e. the Sky box is still showing the list of programmes) then they may just carry on regardless...

Back