SKY box

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caretaker

Established Member
Reaction score
My problem is we have a Sky recorder box that you can record programs on to its hard-drive, but my good wife has recorded lots of films and has not left much room for other programs, now i have said we need to delete some of John Wayne's films to make room.
Silly suggestion, can't do that she says, so can i put a larger hard-drive in or can you ask if Sky has a bigger recorder box or, divorse my wife.
Reg.

You can get a bigger hard drive for it. Make sure it's one that's meant for AV applications.
If you wish to carry existing programmes and timer settings across, you will need an application like ExPVR http://www.ph-mb.com/products/ExPVR/downloads

If your box is not Sky+HD with darwin software version, you can also use Copy+ http://www.skycopyplus.co.uk/, but I much prefer ExPVR anyway.

Si.

You can record from your Sky+ box to e.g. a dvd recorder, to make room.

Other solutions may come to light.

Burn off the missus's favourites onto dvd, cheaper and quicker than a divorce, may even earn brownie points :)

Cheers, Paul

You could always slip a finger and OPPPPPS sorry darling, but we do got more space now??? :twisted: :twisted:

You can copy across to a DVD recorder as has been said, but the only thing with that is that, as far as I know, it has to be done at normal speed, so if you have hours to re-record it will take hours to do. No high speed stuff..

I tend to set off the burning to dvd last thing at night so it runs overnight and is ready in the morning, as you say John, it does it in real time unfortunately....

Cheers, Paul

Worthwhile transfering to DVD as if you ever leave Sky the recordings will not play as they need a valid subscription signal from the dish.

paultnl":1kft8jen said:
Worthwhile transfering to DVD as if you ever leave Sky the recordings will not play as they need a valid subscription signal from the dish.
There is software available that will extract video recorded from free to air channels on the Sky+ hdd, but as you say not the Sky encoded stuff.

Back