Sketchup Pro Licence

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HOJ

Established Member
Reaction score
Didn't want post this in design, as its a question about buying Sketchup pro.

I do a reasonable amount of Building planning application drawings, using Draftsight, I use the free version of Sketchup to create the "prototype" modelling for client approvals , before I re draw in Draftsight for submission.

My question is simply, is it worth buying Sketchup Pro for £495.00? as I am not sure of the full capabilities, i will need to be able to print PDF's to scale, and could I then abandon the redrawing in Draftsight.

Does any one use Sketchup for this purpose or can offer advice on the merits of the Pro version.

TIA

Paul

I use it that way frequently and my opinion is yes, it is worth buying SketchUp Pro. You can do all the drawing in SketchUp and then create PDF documents in LayOut for both presentation to the client as well as scaled drawings for submission. No need to redraw anything. And when you need to make changes, you can easily change the "pretty pictures" along with the drawings for submission.

In addition, you also gain the import and export options for DXF/DWG and other CAD file types in case you need to use them. For my work, SketchUp and LayOut are more than enough.

Appreciate you comments, a snapshot for a design I am working on:

Proposal.jpg

Attachments

• Proposal.jpg
    Proposal.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 721
Back