Sketchup for woodworkers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's worth getting into good habits from the get-go with SU. There are usually several different way of doing things, and some are better than others. Better as in quicker. Better as in not causing problems further down the line. Better as in making it easier to make changes later.

Dave Richards is a friend of mine, but that is not why I rate his SU work. It is superb and he lectures at SU Basecamp, for example. He makes everything, absolutely everything, into a component and never uses groups. Just taking that on board right at the very start is going to make life so much easier for you.

As well as the DVD (also available as a download, I believe) from FWW, he has a rich collection of back-articles on the Design.Click.Build section of the FWW site. A lot of it is more advanced than you want right now, but it is there when you are ready.

Be warned though, it is a slippery slope. You start by asking him questions about SU and ten years later you end up spending a week in his house.

Thanks to all for your replies.

Steve - Thanks for suggesting that - I feel that it is exactly what I need, I have checked out the FWW website and ordered have the DVD - albeit from Amazon Uk, at a total cost of £8.70.

Back