Size of Cokernuts

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smudger

Established Member
Reaction score
About half-three my neighbour woke me from my sick bed to tell me our sycamore tree was cracking in the middle in the high winds and looked like it was about to take out our kitchen and his conservatory.
Called emergency tree surgeons, who were up and down as the tree creaked and cracked and looked like it was going any moment - and after a couple of hours work the have got it back to where it's no longer a danger!
But the cojones of those guys! Up triple extension ladders with chainsaws, hanging off branches, I could hardly watch.
Maximum respect.

Oh, and saved me about £20k and all the hassle...

Don't forget to claim the cost on your insurance; and mention how much money you have saved them.

Tried that, they won't have it. We were told we should have let it demolish everything, then they would have paid. Bas...

Also looking at a subsidence claim, excess - £1000...

Considering I am locked in to them (previous subsidence) and pay £115 a MONTH premium, I think that in all future events I'm going to fill my boots.

Vormulac":1qrx0eff said:
Thank God for eagle eyed neighbours!

Absolutely. I went round with a bottle of scotch....

What was amazing was that most of the cut off went into his garden, but by the end both his and mine were almost completely clear - just sawdust in the grass, he had a broken flowerpot and a garden ornament has disappeared from ours. Incredible guys. Still waiting for their invoice, but I reckon it'll be well north of £500.

Back