SIP01344 (aka MetaboHC260) Planer Thicknesser Chain tensioner problem

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hhfarmer

Reaction score
Can anyone help. I recently replaced the chain sprockets on the underside of the table, as all were worn or broken. On reassembling I found a gap between the tensioner bracket and the frame with the chain fully tightened (see pic). I suppose I could insert a spacer, but it would have to be wedge shaped and it seems an inelegant solution.

Attachments

• P-T table chain.JPG
    P-T table chain.JPG
    978.4 KB · Views: 0
Thanks Bingy Man. Could you clarify what's to be hammered? The bracket shown in the pic is certainly removable but it does not appear to be deformed. As at present mounted the chain prevents closing the gap I've labelled. An alternative might be to drill a fresh hole in the frame to reposition the bracket attachment point but this seems extreme.

I think I have seen a thread on this forum about virtually the same issue,possibly a different branded machine but I can’t seem to find it using the search option.
Is that bracket supposed to be loose but with a spring attached to apply variable tension on the chain when adjusting the height ?

Thanks Mikebart. I too recall seeing a thread about a related problem, but I think it related to sourcing the sprockets not the tensioning bracket. I don't recall seeing a spring when I took the assembly apart, but I guess one could be rigged up. Might be better than moving the bracket.

Check the thread you found there is a picture of the bracket showing how it fits on a metabo 260 machine that shows a second vertical bolt that adjusts the tension and it looks like your bracket has a second slot.Thats assuming your replacement bracket (it looks new) is a sip part.
Sorry can’t seem to be able to cut/paste link.

Last edited:
I can't attach a PDF copy of the manual I have for my Elektra Beckum HC260 so let's try a link to Dropbox - lets hope it gives you access should you want it. I'm not sure how much help it will be as there is virtually no mention of the chain tensioning mechanism nor how to adjust it. I've also a copy of the Record Power version and that doesn't have anything to tension the chain. Could it be a take-up-the-slack-and-lock-tight sort of thing?
I also tried to see what goes on under my machine but it's impossible. Feeling around I find there is a tensioner but it's just above the motor so I can't get my fingers in to feel if there is a spring or whatever.
Have fun
Martin

Last edited:
Back