Sip table saw wont keep running

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joecobbs

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a sip 01918 table saw which has been fine for the few months ive had it, but I went to use it today and it will not keep running after I've pressed the green button. It keeps going if I hold the green button down but if I let go it just stops.

Like I said I've only had the saw a few months, anyone else had this problem or should I just return it?

Cheers
Joe

Joecobbs":1mavp1l4 said:
Hi,

I have a sip 01918 table saw which has been fine for the few months ive had it, but I went to use it today and it will not keep running after I've pressed the green button. It keeps going if I hold the green button down but if I let go it just stops.

Like I said I've only had the saw a few months, anyone else had this problem or should I just return it?

Cheers
Joe

No brainer Joe return it and do it sooner rather then later.

By the way welcome to the forum

Cheers

Mike

Almost certainly sawdust in the NVR. These can be opened with great care or maybe just a blowout with a airline will sort it.

Either that or change it for a new one from SIP. Make sure you make an accurate note of which wire goes where.

Bob

See if your stop button is stuck down. The stop button on my TS snags on the housing sometimes and causes those exact symptoms. (Of course, mine has a 3 wire control on a mag starter, and yours may have something else entirely.)

Kirk

I had the same issue with a 4 month old Axminster bandsaw a few weeks ago. A quick phone call to Ax and a replacement switch was in the post. Just swopped the wires over one at a time to avoid overtaxing my small brain, and it was working again within a couple of minutes. Simples :D

Latest posts

Back