SIP bobbin sander

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willbat

Reaction score
Hi

Does anyone know if you can get extra bobbins for the SIP table top bobbin sander. I'm looking for a wider range of sizes. Also does anybody know where is the best place to buy replacement sleeves is?

Thanks

I'm pretty certain it's the same machine as the Machine mart Clark sander, and they sell the replacement sleeves in a pack of three I think.

jon.

I'm clearly missing something here as I can't see what the benefits are of a bobbin sander. When/where would you use one?

Can anyone enlighten me please?

Thanks

How else (other than by hand) would you sand a concave arc? A bobbin sander has been on my list for ages. I even have a space for one in the worshop with power and a connoection for the plumbed in extraction already there. Maybe for Christmas :?

Fair enough but that's like saying why buy a table saw when a hand held circular saw and a straight edge will do. A dedicated machine is always better.

I seem to use it for the most random of jobs, kept in a cupboard for most of its life, but invaluable when it does come out. I did have a drill press sanding kit, but there is no comparison, its so much more effective when it bobs!!

Sanding curves on a drill press is potentially dangerous as the chuck can apparently vibrate loose and jump out at you... I don't use my bobbin sander a lot but it's lovely to use; so quiet and smooth during use - I cannot imagine a pillar drill setup would be nearly as satisfying.

It also saves you from the hassle of having to setup one machine for various tasks.

Back