SIP Bandsaw Issues

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

=Adam=

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys!

I have the opportunity to get a SIP Heavy Duty 14" bandsaw however it is not working at the moment. The bandsaw was used by my dad for joinery work however it is not being used anymore as there is a scheppach small bandsaw and a startrite large bandsaw, so this one is a bit redundant.

He said it was working before it was put aside, however I can't seem to get it going.

I have changed the fuse and checked the connectors in the start switch (nvr?) and all seems well. What i have noticed is that the nvr switch doesn't click when pressed on, does this mean anything? Are there any safety switches that may have been triggered?

Any help would be great guys!

Cheers

Adam

There should be two micro switches, one on each door.
Check that these are making correct contact when doors are fully closed and locked home.

Thanks for the reply CHJ!

If these were not making a good contact then would that cause the nvr switch to not engage?

I bet it is the nvr, I had the same issue with a drill press. It just decided to work, after much cussing.

Sorry this doesn't help, maybe the cussing will.

=Adam=":xca98djq said:
Thanks for the reply CHJ!

If these were not making a good contact then would that cause the nvr switch to not engage?

Yes, they will be in the feed to the switch to prevent you opening the doors with power still applied.

Wizard I think you may be correct!

Many people have had the same issues and it has been the nvr switch being clogged with dust. I shall give this a try next time I am there :)

+1 for it being a switch issue.
Check the microswitches have not moved out of place. If you are mounted by a single screw they can swivel and then they don't work. The machine then thinks that the doors are open and won't let you work it.
Sawdust in the switch is also going to cause you similar problems.
S

Latest posts

Back