SIP 01314 sliding mitre saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rogerluke

Reaction score
I wonder can any of guys help I have a SiP 01314 sliding mitre saw. Two weeks ago there was smoke coming out of the motor. I traced the fault to the stator colis. No probs, looked at the diagram of the saw, identified the part number , ordered, when part came wrong part. To cut a very long story short, SIP has changed the type of motor on this saw but kept the same part number of the parts !!! Like HELLO , what a silly thing to do. So, although I have ordered the correct part number it's the stator cool for the NEW type motor which is absolutely no use to me at all.
I'm left therefore with a perfectly good sliding mitre saw with a duff cool and SIP can't provide me with one. Do you guys have any idea where I can buy a stator coli for the machine or possibly a second hand motor?? The motor has a black plastic case and it would appear from the pictures that the new motor has a silver metalic case.
Here's hoping Roger Luke

240v part number should be 63928 or 110v part number is 63983. This they call the armature in the book but to you and I it is the stator coil.

Thanks mmuk, reading your post perhaps I did not make myself too clear. I am aware of the part numbers you have given and I ordered the part number you posted for the 230volt stator coil. However, what sip have done is this, a few years ago they changed the type of motor on the 01314 to an entirely different type, what they didn't do is change the part number. Therefore when you order the part you get the cool for the New type motor not the Old one which I require which I'm told by sip is no longer avail thus the post on here that I'm looking for the Black type motor which is the older one. Looking for either, a complete motor or a field stator again for the older type. Maybe someone on here with a damaged saw , or scrap saw with a good motor.

Can you get it rewound? There are lots of places that do this, and it can be surprisingly cheap.

Duncan

I did think of this Duncan and am still not sure. I have been looking on e bay too for a possible machine with a faulrt table or laser, whatever that I can make a good one out of but everyone that's been on there has been too far away. Been thinking of treating myself to a brand new table saw, its fathers day on Sunday.
The next question, which one do I buy??
Thanks for the suggestion.
#Rog

Rogerluke":17yai1a4 said:
Been thinking of treating myself to a brand new table saw, its fathers day on Sunday.

Ah... Toy Acquisition Opportunity.

Not to be missed!

Duncan

I wonder can any of guys help I have a SiP 01314 sliding mitre saw. Two weeks ago there was smoke coming out of the motor. I traced the fault to the stator colis. No probs, looked at the diagram of the saw, identified the part number , ordered, when part came wrong part. To cut a very long story short, SIP has changed the type of motor on this saw but kept the same part number of the parts !!! Like HELLO , what a silly thing to do. So, although I have ordered the correct part number it's the stator cool for the NEW type motor which is absolutely no use to me at all.
I'm left therefore with a perfectly good sliding mitre saw with a duff cool and SIP can't provide me with one. Do you guys have any idea where I can buy a stator coli for the machine or possibly a second hand motor?? The motor has a black plastic case and it would appear from the pictures that the new motor has a silver metalic case.
Here's hoping Roger Luke
Hi Roger Luke. I'm wondering whether you ever resolved this, as I have exactly the same problem. Nowadays the stator/armature is listed as 'discontinued'. I'm sure this motor would also be used by other manufacturers (can't believe they'd make it for SIP alone) but there are so many out there . Shame to throw away an otherwise perfectly good saw though.

Hi Roger Luke. I'm wondering whether you ever resolved this, as I have exactly the same problem. Nowadays the stator/armature is listed as 'discontinued'. I'm sure this motor would also be used by other manufacturers (can't believe they'd make it for SIP alone) but there are so many out there . Shame to throw away an otherwise perfectly good saw though.
Hi Bruce, afraid Roger/Luke did a runner about 8 yrs ago. Looks like he was here just to try and sort out his motor problem, hopefully he managed to get something done, hard to know. Or bought a new one.
Fingers crossed you get a response/help on this thread.
Wouldn’t do any harm to also post an ad in the wanted section, you never know.

Thanks for your reply Noel. I guess that's not an unusual reason for joining a group like this.
Shame about he Sip saw though. I can still buy parts for a car that was manufactured in 1958 but not for a saw that's only a few years old. I'd expect it with a bottom end make but thought that Sip was more respectable.

Latest posts

Back