Side rebate plane question

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dchenard

Established Member
Reaction score
What is the minimum width of a dado that you can use either a #79, #98 or #99 with?

Does this value increase substantially with the depth of the dado? I'm considering the purchase of the #98-99 set, depending on their capabilities... For those who own a set, how do you like them?

TIA,

DC

Hi Denis

The minimum width for a dado with the LN #98/99 is 3/8" and it can trim a 1/2" depth.

The #79 is a little more complicated. It has a maximum depth of cut about 1/8" deeper than the #98/99, but this is also going to require a 3/4" wide dado at that point. This is because the body of the #79 widens in that area. If you accept a depth of 1/2" (as per the #98/99), then the dado can be a snitch over 1/8" wide.

The other dimension of note is the body length. The #79 has a registration of 5 1/4" (including bullnoses), while the #98/99 is 3 3/4".

Hope this helps.

Regards from Perth

Derek (who carroes the #98/99and #79 in his pocket at all times, just for questions like this).

I went out the shop to measure my LN 98/99's.

they measure 3/16ths to a depth of 5/16ths, then as Derek said 3/8ths to a depth of 1/2 inch.

Ace

Oh I like mine very much and they do a great job.

Latest posts

Back