• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sold Crompton S10 4kw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KingAether

Eternal noob
Reaction score
4kw Crompton S10 dc break, In perfect working order. Previous owner had it installed less than a year ago and it only a few months of use due to them getting a new Martin panel saw. A few scuffs but overall good condition and will give it a wipe down before sale.

" To ensure compliance with the PUWER 98 regulations, machines such as woodworking equipment must be fitted with a suitable automatic braking device, which ensures the tool stops moving within 10 seconds They must be fitted to new and current equipment Fitting of a brake module is easy, with minimum of disruption to existing wiring when retro-fitting 3 phase Adjustable dc injection time 0.5-25s Integral DOL starter IP55 protection rating"
Specifications
AttributeValue
Phase3
Power Rating4 kW
Supply Voltage415 V
Injection Time0.5 → 25 s
Enclosure Size184 x 184 x 149mm
IP RatingIP55
Enclosure Length184mm
Enclosure Width184mm
Enclosure Depth149mm

Asking £400 350, i would prefer collection from Dorset but i'm happy to post it if necessary, i imagine it will be £10-£15 overnight, tracked and signed for. Also considering a trade for a VFD of similar retail value if anyone has recently or plans to soon move from VFD to a place with 3phase. I can inc. a 3ph 3hp motor fully wired or just the brake depending on what you have and what you need

*Please note i will happily take photos of testing with multi meter or whatever a buyer may like to see before sale and i will make sure it is packaged very well but i won't accept a return/refund due to the nature of the item being easily damaged through mis-handling/installation by the buyer

179324704_248830450322153_6371901548189449438_n.jpg179231384_2892863467647146_7138044659357714643_n.jpg

Last edited:
The regulation relates to woodworking machines stopping in ten seconds which some already do without the need of a break and other woodworking machines may use other methods of operator protection. It was brought in for employers to further protect their employees. It relates to work equipment not a hobby situation, although still useful to have installed.

Also considering a trade for a similarly priced VFD if anyone has recently or plans to soon move from VFD to a place with 3phase. I can inc. a 3ph 3hp motor fully wired or just the brake depending on what you have and what you need

@KingAether I’ve got the machine now - if you fancy getting rid of the brake I’ll put in a cheeky offer of £150.

If you want to hang on for more, that’s understandable.

Request sent mate, once its cleared ill head to the post office but i only have 8p until Wednesday currently 😂

Back