Short video: Outtakes & Oopsies

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sadly there isn't one of those moments I can't identify with. Some more than once. I reckon a DVD of these from a variety of you better turners would do a power of good to the rest of us. make us realise we are in good company.

Pete

Bodrighy":3nitf7yf said:
Sadly there isn't one of those moments I can't identify with. Some more than once. I reckon a DVD of these from a variety of you better turners would do a power of good to the rest of us. make us realise we are in good company.

Pete

I find a day watching some of the 'demonstrators' at trade shows/exhibitions quite enlightening, especially some of the club 'Names' despite the ability to show their own prowess with a particular tool or method it's surprising how often they break the common sense safety rules or have an unexpected feature moment with a piece whilst playing to the crowd rather than concentrating on the job in hand.

The thing I find most frustrating is my attempts to try a different tool/grind/approach I've seen demonstrated, it inevitably puts me back several years in my comfort zone and more often than not results in me abandoning it for a method I can use semi-automatically.

Back