Sheet layout software

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick W

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anybody got any recommendations for sheet layout software? I have seen CutList's web site, and that looks pretty impressive, perhaps too feature rich for what I need at the moment though.

Something that takes into account grain direction would be nice when using veneered boards, and of course if it's free it gets a lot nearer the top of any list. :wink:

Nick W":9x3pf2o0 said:
Has anybody got any recommendations for sheet layout software? I have seen CutList's web site, and that looks pretty impressive, perhaps too feature rich for what I need at the moment though.

Something that takes into account grain direction would be nice when using veneered boards, and of course if it's free it gets a lot nearer the top of any list. :wink:

I use a freebee called Optimik, it takes a little getting used to but it works well, but the free version is limited to about 30 items within a list.

You can download it HERE

Nick,

I use Cutlist - and I think its brilliant. I bought the gold version about three years ago and it paid for itself in the first job. I've no experience of Optimik though. There is a free version of Cutlist too so may be you can compare before buying.

Cheers

Tim

Another vote for Cutlist. It does take account of grain direction in sheets - as in with the grain or across the grain.

I use it too for boards sometimes but it can't cope with matching grain for show purposes.

optimik is a little 'quirky' but works good. It does grain direction.

Latest posts

Back