Shed roof dillema? with pic...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi All

Just an update I've been in contact with Shultzy and he has been my saviour here and has been kind enough to draw out the shed for me adding support where needed...

It is great to see that there is still some kind people around that don't ask for anything in exchange for help and once again to him and everyone I'm very gratefull.

I find as a whole on here that everyone is very helpfull even if we don't all agree at times...

Here is the pic that Shultzy did for me (Clever Git)... :wink:

Black: Original Workshop
Red: Strenghtening
Yellow: New Addition
Blue: To Be Removed

SeacoShed02.jpg

It has been a long time in replying but due to several things weather partly but also being disabled it's taken far longer than it should but here's an update on my workshop extension project, I've never done this kind of thing before so I've learnt from my mistakes...

I decided in the end not to cut into the roof (sorry Shultzy) but I am continuing the roof across to make it all look all as one. I am going to use the windows in the old workshop plus maybe a couple more and I'm going to add a door at the end.

The base is from a section of decking we already had, I added a bit cost £45 as the extension ended up a little larger at 8'.6" x 12'
the wood for the framework (4"x2") my brother got from a building site they were throwing it away (unbelievably wasteful).
The shiplap and T&G (19mm) for the sides and roof was £260 so all in all I think it's going quite well...

I will add more pics as I go along but I'm hoping to get at least the roof on before winter starts... :oops:

STA70886.jpg

The only downside to the free lumber was getting the dirt and cement off

STA70724.jpg

I bought this on ebay for £70 for those that don't know it's an impact driver and it's bloody wonderful It will put 4" screws straight into endgrain without a pilot and then tighten a number 10 bolt with ease and there's no torque put on you so you can use one hand, the only downside if any is they are a little noisy in use...

STA70728.jpg

Hi Lee, glad to see you have made progress. How come you didn't clad the wall in one piece as it would have given it more structural strength. Have you forgotten the vapour barrier which should be behind the cladding?

Hi Shultzy

I made the pieces in sections incase I ever move I could dismantle it as for the vapour barrier my main workshop hasn't got one so I've just copied that, I have never had a problem with damp etc. so I'm hoping this will be the same?... :oops:

Latest posts

Back