Shed paint advice please.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dh7892

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I've started building my workshop and I've got all of my T&G cladding. It's untreated so, obviously, I want to treat it before putting it up (and probably again when it is up).

I've seen that a lot of outdoor wood paints say they're not suitable for planed timber (only rough sawn).

Can anyone recommend a good product?

Thanks.

Hi,

I've used this paint on both my Coal Shed and Garage ( both smooth wood T+G construction)

http://www.woodcaredirect.co.uk/product_detail.cfm?ID=2216

Its made by Jotun and goes by the name Demidekk Optimal.
I'm sure there are other sites that sell it too, I bought mine from a local
Paint Supply shop.

It's really good stuff IMHO, you can choose practically any colour you can
imagine ( it's mixed like the Emulsion paint machines).

This paint is not cheap - but it's truly excellent quality - with a claim to be maintenance free for 12 years. I've had it on my sheds for two years and it still looks as good as new. I found applying couple of coats is enough.

hth

Graham

The Sadolins is the best made by ICI and comes with guarantees. Its the product I would specify at work.

For my current project I have been using Wilkinsons coloured timber treatment. Its 2 thirds cheaper than B & Q who reckon they are the cheapest and it seems O.K.

Thanks for all the replies folks.

I think I'll have a look at getting the Sadolin, sounds like a good bet.

Cheers.

P.S. I'm assuming it's a good idea to treat the T&G boards before putting them up so I can treat the insides too? Obviously, this is more work but otherwise the inside will still be vulnerable to moisture. True?

Latest posts

Back