Shed finishes

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JWF

Established Member
Reaction score
I have just taken delivery of a wooden shed. The wood has been treated, but obviously over time this will need re-treating. Question is what do the Forum recommend, and how often?

Merry Christmas to all
John

John,
my finish of choice for sheds is Cuprinol Shed and Fence Preserver. It is spirit based and soaks well into the wood. It does not leave a "skin" on the surface so re-treatment is just a matter of brushing the dust and dirt off and slapping on another coat. I used to do my sheds every two years like this as did the previous owner.

I am still trying to find an equivalent over here.

cheers

Andy

I'd say 2 to 3 years. Did mine with this (the 'light' version) in the summer. seems OK so far. Just masked the windows and sprayed it on with my HVLP. Only took an hour or so. It is a liquid with no solids content so sprayed dead easy and soaked in well.

I did my shed with Cuprinol Shed and Fence Preserver - about three summers ago.
Still looks good except where the ship lap has shrunk!!

Rod

cornucopia":fpvkhx5m said:
now that cresoste is no more :cry:

I used to use creosote but now use creosote substitute. It looks the same and smells the same but must be different. Any idea what they've taken out to make it different :?

Cheers :wink:

Paul

At a guess the toxins that poisoned ground water - don't know what they are though?
Lots of "Tar" based products were banned for similar reasons - even in road construction (Tar Macadam etc).

Rod

I use the cuprinol Duck's back stuff and I'm very pleased with it. The water forms little droplets and rolls off - excellent stuff

Back