Sharpening and Dovetails

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wizer

Established Member
Reaction score
I seem to have lost a box of woodworking bits and pieces when we moved. I have been searching all day, I fear it's still in the loft of the old place :oops: :cry:

Anyway, I have lost some of my David Charlesworth DVDs. Can anyone tell me which DVD covers Chisel sharpening? I need to buy it again :? Also I seem to remember a DVD which covered the use of the Veritas MkII honing guide, but not sure who the presenter was. Anyone seen/remember that? Might have been online.

Also my dovetail marker, wheel marker and dovetail saw where in the box. In Rob Cosman's DVD he said that the set on the LN Dovetail saw was far superior due to the fine set on the saw. Is this true? Are there slightly cheaper alternatives to the LN? Same goes for the other 2. Is the LN dovetail marker any better than the veritas? and is this axminster wheel marker much different from the Tite-mark ?

I want to start practising dovetails for an upcoming project.

Chisel preparation and sharpening is no 4, Chisel use is no 5.

My current favorites are L-N, Grammercy, Wenzloff, Adria in no particular order.

Roberts & Lee also worth a look, any overset dovetail saw is quite easy to tune by carefully honing off excess set with a small slipstone, making sure to leave the set even on both sides.

Best wishes,
David

David, thanks for taking the time to reply. I will be re-ordering those DVD's.

I'm considering treating myself to a Wenzloff

Back