SGS air compressor

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a Richmond, which I believe is the exact same model with a different badge on.

Works great, though I only give it light use. Sounds like a 747 taking off though...

I bought one and it didnt work, the motor seized, then they asked for more money (£20 delivery cost) to send a replacement out, which they would refund when they recieved the old one back, they never organised collection of the old one and the new one was also broke. their solution... youve guessed it, pay them again to have another one sent out, i declined and took both to bits to make a good one out of the two.

its ok, a cheap made compressor that does the job. i bought it for site work, but have since bought a makita leightweight thing that can be picked up one handed, so much nicer to use and transport. i dont need a high flow for what i use it for.

Slight change of question any opinions on Bostich air compressors and any one tell me where they are made

RE: Bostitch,

I've got the little 6l one with the frame around which I've used for everything from light stapling to running a 90mm clipped head framing nailer.

It's noisy but I've been very happy with it, seems well made and holds pressure well.

Hope this helps,

Steve

Hi Steve as a matter of intrest where is the Bostich made I would like to avoid chinese if possible

Hi, sorry for late reply, not been on since left post. It is noisy, about 90db from memory, but apart from starting up, only in short bursts. Unless you look at bambi type ones with little noise, they are all about the same.

Cheers

Nick

Belt driven compressors are a bit quieter than direct driven ones apparently. I have an old 50l, made in England compressor which may be an early Bambi as its really quiet. The badge has fallen off it though so can't be sure.

Highly recommend them.

I recently bought the smaller 6 litre one because of its reduced noise and it works very well with my Makita trim nailer and other stuff.

Spec/price wise they compare well to others, and it's a British company if that floats your boat.

They are also Google certified and have stacks of positive reviews.

Latest posts

Back