setting up RAS

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the 1251 which was the follow up to the 125. I scanned the manual - http://www.drosera.f2s.com/RAS/DW1251.pdf . I'm not sure what the difference between the 125 and 1251 are but the are as far as I can see very slight (in fact I can't see any apart from the badging on the machine)

Also it came with a copy of the Dewalt Powershop Handbook written specifically about the 125 including more details on setting up and the use of the saw and all its accessories - I also scanned this - http://www.drosera.f2s.com/RAS/DeWalt_P ... ndbook.pdf

Misterfish

Hmm. Could be a while- things in my little shop move at a snails pace! The trouble is that I managed to work around using this saw for the couple of bits that I have been doing, and so it looses the priority it once had.

I have laminated up a couple of pieces of ply, and probably only need to cut the pack edge flush and straight, insert a piece for a fence and away I go. I really should finish it off so that I can use the saw. As soon as the table top that I am doing is finished, that can be the next job. I have a couple of things planned for autumn/winter (table saw router extension/beismeyer type fence and finish this RAS station) but nothing too huge. I have issues with temperature in the shop, so dont like doing much gluing over winter.

I must have missed the start of this post but if it helps, I bought a Dewalt 125 RAS off eBay (Dodge talked me into it) and the set up was pretty straightforward.
I also didn't want a huge table so elected for an old piece of kitchen worktop 90cm x 62cm (~ 3' x 2').
IMG_0939.JPG

IMG_0940.jpg

Dust extraction funnel was the top of an old plastic coke bottle and the "white shelf thing" is an idea I picked up from a Google search for RAS dust extraction that seems to work.
Photo0088.jpg

If needs be, I can extend outwards on both sides but I don't tend to cross cut large lengths so I didn't bother with anything as sophisticated with drop down extensions.

Attachments

• IMG_0939.JPG
    IMG_0939.JPG
    230.5 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_0940.jpg
    IMG_0940.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 80
  • Photo0088.jpg
    Photo0088.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 80

Latest posts

Back