Selling suggestions

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amateur

Established Member
Reaction score
At some point In the near future I'm going to have to sell up and clear out my tools and machinery.
Old age and mounting medical problems continue.
I know you can advertise on the for sales section here which will be my first port of call, but I've no idea how you make arrangements to pick up or ship things like planer thicknesser bandsaws tablesaws etc.
Are there any buyers/ companies that 're sell this sort of equipment that you can offload to?
Have you any suggestions that would help me?

Mike

There are companies out there that buy up job lots of machinery but they will offer pennies and sell on for pounds. If you can strap stuff to a pallet there are companies that will pick it up and deliver to the buyer. Best to offer collection only on the larger stuff that way it can be seen working by the buyer,if they want it delivered then ask them to arrange pick up and delivery. There was a member on here seanash that lives on the Orkney islands who was looking to buy machinery etc for his workshop, he may well be interested in some of the stuff you have.

If it's something they need and the price is right, people seem quite happy to drive 150m or more to collect something.

Ebay is a good marketplace - you get good exposure there which lifts your chances. You just have to grapple with the admin side, and stay alert to risks. Use good photos and describe fully.

To palletise for a transport firm you have to scrounge a good pallet, cover the machine with polythene and use a ratchet strap or two. But machines are moving up & down the country all the time by that method.

You will get a better price on this site as you will selling directly to members that want the machine or equipment you are selling, most companies that will buy everything will pay you a pittance of its true value, but it depends if your selling to have a quick result eg 1 person or company collects the lot and pays you x amount. Or your looking to recoup as much of your costs as possible but this will take longer Another option could be an auction but same situation with commission etc . Most people who want say a planer/ thickneser will know it obviously can’t be posted and would I assume make their own arrangements to collect it . I’d certainly put this into and advert you post . It’s a shame that you have to sell your kit but I understand your situation. Good look and look after yourself.

If it's something they need and the price is right, people seem quite happy to drive 150m or more to collect something.

Ebay is a good marketplace - you get good exposure there which lifts your chances. You just have to grapple with the admin side, and stay alert to risks. Use good photos and describe fully.

To palletise for a transport firm you have to scrounge a good pallet, cover the machine with polythene and use a ratchet strap or two. But machines are moving up & down the country all the time by that method.
Yep, i just went about 190 miles away to get a dumper... price was right 👍

List what you got and if something's of interest, I'm happy to provide a van, so long as I have a helper!

Back