Segmented table

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks wonderful, 8) but all those bits. :shock:
Do you remember how long it took you to cut and glue up the stock for the legs?

I know I don't have the patience. :oops:

Wow! that is stunningly beautiful.
All that's missing is a statement along the lines of "something I knocked up over the weekend" :lol: :lol:

Joking asides it would be interesting know a little more about how those legs were put together.

Andy

dedee":360ayueo said:
Wow! that is stunningly beautiful.
All that's missing is a statement along the lines of "something I knocked up over the weekend" :lol: :lol:

Joking asides it would be interesting know a little more about how those legs were put together.

Andy
To put these legs together you have to count that for each leg there is 25 separate pieces, which means a total of a100 pieces.
However you cannot glue them as you have to wait that the glue dries every time you construct a sub-element. More or less for the four legs it took a week. Then turning is quite traditional but you have to be very careful to take precise measures correctly, you would not like to have different legs (even if some do it, may be to hide some potential defects). But the turning is the fast side of the work. I have not checked but I guess it took something like half an hour.
Fortunately it was not sold based upon time and material.

Latest posts

Back