Sedgwick 571

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shockingmoment

Established Member
Reaction score
Gents,

I've just acquired the above from my local college - needs a bit of refub so a couple of questions...

The counter weight is missing - any clue as to what this weighs?

Does anyone have a manual I could copy?

Shank size and where is the best place to buy quality chisels?

Many thanks for your help.

shockingmoment":34gkpcav said:
Gents,

I've just acquired the above from my local college - needs a bit of refub so a couple of questions...

Does anyone have a manual I could copy?

Shank size and where is the best place to buy quality chisels?

Many thanks for your help.

Ooooh lucky you :D , nice piece of kit.
I can find out the weight this evening for you if your not in a rush, as I'll have to go & weigh mine. :).

Do you have any idea how old it is ?
The shank size has always been 13/16". Do you have the various sized collets for the Shank & bits :?: as the chisels shanks can vary according to the make of chisel.

Axminster sell the Clico mortice chisels, but the're expensive.
I'm using the Draper Expert at the moment and I'm pleased with them, holding the edge well. I have a couple of Clico's that came with my 571 and at the moment I can't tell the difference between the two makes. I'll dig out where I bought them from and let you know.

Unfortunately I don't have a manual, but having seen one your not missing much, they are easy to set up & adjust.

Hope this helps.

FelderMan":1xk36daw said:
shockingmoment":1xk36daw said:
Gents,

Do you have the various sized collets for the Shank & bits :?: as the chisels shanks can vary according to the make of chisel.

I'm using the Draper Expert at the moment and I'm pleased with them, holding the edge well.

Unfortunately I don't have a manual, but having seen one your not missing much, they are easy to set up & adjust.

Hope this helps.

John - thanks very much for the help. No collets unfortunately. I'll try the Draper chisels / bits.
All refurbed now.. just stripped cleaned and greased really!
Any idea of the weight for the counterbalance?

Many thanks,
Sean

Back