Secure AUKtool router table top

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

supertom44

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Hello.

This may be a silly question but what's the best way to secure this router top?

I can only think of surrounding it, or attaching it to the wooden frame from underneath, there are 2x4s under the edges. Am I missing something obvious ha?
IMG_20230525_190653.jpg

It won't need much holding down - it's presumably heavy and there is the router hanging from it too. A couple of fasteners at the "leading" end to stop sliding would probably do. It you can drill confidently to a depth, put two 5mm blind holes into the top from below to a depth of maybe 20mm and tap them to take M6 machine screws from below. Then you can "bolt" through your support frame into the top. Remember to work through the taper, second and plug taps in order. Don't overtighten the bolts.

Thanks for the advice I appreciate it.

I put the remaining bits of my MDF top around it and your right with the weight of the router I don't think it's going to budge.

If I feel like it's not secure enough I'll look into securing it better like you mentioned. Will give me an excuse to get a tap and die.

No reason why you can't drill through the top and countersink the holes. Or ask Chris at the Wood Workers Workshop.

Last edited:
Start the hole with a small bit and gradually increase the diameter should be fine, but I would ask Chris at WWW.

Latest posts

Back